Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Working on panoramas / stitched images  (Read 4564 times)

pemihan

Working on panoramas / stitched images
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:18:20 pm »

Is there a way to stitch RAW images and work on them in C1 afterwards?

Thanks
Peter

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Working on panoramas / stitched images
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 04:55:22 pm »

Is there a way to stitch RAW images and work on them in C1 afterwards?

Hi Peter,

I suppose if you make a Raw panorama in e.g. Lightroom and save that, you may be able to process the DNG in Capture One.
However, the DNG panorama tiles will e.g. not be corrected for Chromatic Aberrations, AFAIK, so the resulting Pano may be of substandard quality.

I'm not sure what the future might bring but, at this time, Capture One Pro itself has no stitching/blending functionality.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

pemihan

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 05:27:46 pm »

Thanks Bart. As it is now I work on the images in C1 and export them to Lightroom and stitch and continue in Lightroom/Photoshop. Guess that's the way to keep doing it for now..

Best
Peter

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 06:40:10 pm »

Sadly, Adobe/LR have never addressed the issue where LR when stitching a panorama will tend to blow out a near highlight to the point of being pure white.  Happens with all my tif or even raw files.  I personally prefer LR for pano work as I only do single row, but the issue on high lights has been there from day 1.  Same exact files worked on CC will stitch fine, no highlight problems, however CC only offers the content aware solution no boundary warp, and I prefer boundary warp.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 06:55:45 pm »

Thanks Bart. As it is now I work on the images in C1 and export them to Lightroom and stitch and continue in Lightroom/Photoshop. Guess that's the way to keep doing it for now..

That's similar to how I work. C1 for tile preparation (very good Raw conversion, Diffraction corrrection,  CA reduction, perhaps vignetting/light fall-off correction and dust removal with an LCC, and sharpness fall-off correction) for the individual tiles, and then I stitch with PTGUI Pro.

Depending on the size of the project, I may simultaneously output same-size JPEGs along with the 16-b/ch TIFFs, because PTGUI allows using JPEGs for generation of controlpoints on non-moving features and then switch (by changing only the file extensions in the project) to the TIFFs for final blending and resampling/blending. PTGUI also offers many more projections to choose from.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 07:34:59 am »

That's basically my work flow as well. Corrections in C1, stitching and pixel pushing in Affinity Photo, and DAM back in C1.

It think making panoramas within C1 that result in a raw file would be good. But I'm not sure if Phase One would be interested enough in that to do a really first class job of it.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up