Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MIDI Controler for Capture One  (Read 6501 times)

ankeduck

MIDI Controler for Capture One
« on: August 19, 2017, 11:38:54 pm »

Jimmy D Uptain

Re: MIDI Controler for Capture One
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 10:12:56 am »

It appears to use shortcuts. I have used a similar device that promised C1 connectivity and it just wasn't that great. It was the Palette Gear.

It just didn't have the fluid feel I was accustom to (using a mouse). Also, there are controls that just don't have shortcuts.

I ended up selling it and getting the Tangent.

That being said, I'm hopeful that there will be some competition to Tangent as competition is always good.

Ambreen_Kiran

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 02:01:04 am »

<a href="http://www.plagiarchecker.com/"> I seriously wanna use this but kindly tell me about its features and how can i use it?
It is Really owsum or not?? </a>

Jglaser757

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2017, 12:14:53 am »

Tried the midi controller and couldn't get it to work. I had palette gear and it was working perfectly. I made custom kit. sold the sliders and just used knobs. Program,ed them to work after configuration and make keyboard shortcuts inC1. Look ta of work.  Then I bought a microstructure surface studio and sold it all work with pen display on p screen and got the Wacom key controller for 99 to create on screen tabs and keyboard shortcuts. Some work but my workflow was s so fast now.

IanSeward

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 09:34:18 am »

It appears to use shortcuts. I have used a similar device that promised C1 connectivity and it just wasn't that great. It was the Palette Gear.

It just didn't have the fluid feel I was accustom to (using a mouse). Also, there are controls that just don't have shortcuts.

That being said, I'm hopeful that there will be some competition to Tangent as competition is always good.

Interested in this.  Does anyone know if you can assign keyboard shortcuts to the local adjustment tools like "Exposure"?  It looks like, from my brief tests, that the Keyboard shortcuts can only be applied to the global edit tools.

Ian

Jimmy D Uptain

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 10:21:50 am »

On my Mac Exposure is Control/Command/+ to increase and Control/Command/- to decrease

IanSeward

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 05:02:58 am »

Post over on DPReview:   https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4207979

I can report that the setup works great! Controls are fast and responsive and it is a totally different way of working. You can already buy dedicated physical controllers but they are comparatively expensive. It is still a work in progress, quick snap of what the controller looks like with some temporary labels stuck on to show what the dials and pads currently do:

IanSeward

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2017, 04:53:50 pm »

Post over on DPReview:   https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/4207979

I can report that the setup works great! Controls are fast and responsive and it is a totally different way of working. You can already buy dedicated physical controllers but they are comparatively expensive. It is still a work in progress, quick snap of what the controller looks like with some temporary labels stuck on to show what the dials and pads currently do:

Just an update.  It is possible to implement a shift key so that dials and pads can have a "shifted" function.  Dials and pads assignment now looks like the attached photo, as in the DPReview thread. 

The most annoying thing is that there is a bug in C1Pro that prevents the keyboard shortcuts being sent to layers in C1Pro.  I have reported this bug to Phase One and they are looking to find a fix.

Ian

Pages: [1]   Go Up