Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P9000 ink error 1537  (Read 3719 times)

Zachary Goulko

Epson P9000 ink error 1537
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:04:48 pm »

Had my P9000 for about 7 months now and went to replace one of the starter cartridges (Vivid Light Magenta).
I put in a new 700ml cartridge, and after the printer did the pressurizing routine I got an ink error # 1537 with a message to "restart the printer, if the problem persists contact support". I shut it down and powered it back on several times, same issue.
So.. I called Epson support. They told me that the error is a pressurization problem, and to put the starter cartridge back in to see if the printer would start up normally. After I put the empty starter cartridge back in it started up just fine. Looks like I have 700ml of Vivid Light Magenta going down the drain, unless it's a printer problem.
Epson is sending me a new replacement cartridge, but I'm wondering if anyone has had an issue like this before.
Also, since I've gotten the printer it's constantly trying to pressurize (several times a day). I thought this was just normal maintenance routines on the new P models, but tech support told me this shouldn't happen frequently. I'd like to know if this is a problem with the printer so I can take care of it before the warranty expires.
Anyone else have similar issues?
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

Farmer

Re: Epson P9000 ink error 1537
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 11:24:44 pm »

Are you running the latest firmware?
Phil Brown

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 11:27:48 pm »

Are you running the latest firmware?

I haven't updated the firmware since I got it, but the printer is fairly new. I'd have to check.
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

Farmer

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 01:07:48 am »

I'd definitely check the firmware.
Phil Brown

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 09:31:14 am »

Got the replacement cartridge from Epson and it works fine. Looks like there's some quality control issues with their ink cartridges, since the printer wouldn't pressurize with the first one I had which is a real shame because I now have 700ml of Vivid Light Magenta going in the trash. I wonder if there's a way to repurpose it.
I updated the firmware as well and will keep an eye on the frequency of pressurization. If the firmware doesn't help I will contact Epson again and report back.
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 02:35:11 pm »

FWIW, I had this problem with a P7000 but it came about in a different way. The manual says that if the printer is infrequently used (they don't define that) the ink should be agitated at 3 month intervals.  I did that, but one of the agitated cartridges got the same error when I started up the printer afterward. At Epson's instruction I tried cleaning the contacts, removing and reinserting teh cartridge, etc., but nothing worked. A new cartridge worked fine.
- Dean

Zachary Goulko

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 03:43:32 pm »

FWIW, I had this problem with a P7000 but it came about in a different way. The manual says that if the printer is infrequently used (they don't define that) the ink should be agitated at 3 month intervals.  I did that, but one of the agitated cartridges got the same error when I started up the printer afterward. At Epson's instruction I tried cleaning the contacts, removing and reinserting teh cartridge, etc., but nothing worked. A new cartridge worked fine.

I have a feeling that it has something to do with the rubber seal on the cartridge where the ink flows out, perhaps not making enough of a seal. The printer accepted the cartridge just fine and was showing 100% ink level on that channel, but after it did the pressurization routine (which lasted a while) it gave me an error. I have a whole set of new 700ml cartridges probably all from the same batch, so I hope I don't have this problem with any of the other ones.
Zachary Goulko
www.goulko.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up