Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kodak ProBack Plus flash sync problem!  (Read 2326 times)

heshunseshun

Kodak ProBack Plus flash sync problem!
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:54:36 pm »

I have an issue that Im hoping someone on here has experience with.
My set up is as follows:

I have a Kodak Pro Back Plus hooked up to a Fuji GX680 I via a Kapture group adapter kit. and Calumet LiteLink radio slave units connected to Sunpak auto 555s

My problem is that the Flash Sync PC terminal on the Kodak Back does not trigger my LiteLink for the strobes. I know that the LiteLinks and the strobes work, and the Back works as well. But for some reason, I cannot get the back to fire the slaves. Can I assume, that because when I plug the PC cord into the PC terminal on the Back it will fire the radio slave/flashes, that the PC terminal itself is working properly? It has been my experience that the plugging/unplugging of hot sync cords tripping flashes means that the connections are live and functional. If so, what would be the issue here? Has anyone else had trouble getting flashes to fire off a Pro Back Plus?

thanks
-Joel

heshunseshun

Kodak ProBack Plus flash sync problem!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 09:57:58 pm »

Wow, weird......
To update, I tried to hook my flashes up using my friends set of Pocket Wizards, Infact, I hooked it up directly to the Fuji's Hotshoe and guess what.... It worked perfectly! How strange. The flashes sync at every shutter speed and fire only once per shutter release (unlike when I hook my Calumet LiteLinks up to the Hotshoe, they trigger the flash up to 3 times per shutter release, seemingly one flash for every click of the mirror popping, but never during the actual exposure)  On all other fronts, I would say I prefer the Litelinks for their lower profile..... But now I have to sell them and switch to Pocket Wizards..... It seems as if the Litelinks are being triggered by every movement of the mirror, while the PWs are being triggered by the actual shutter. Interesting.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up