Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 184   Go Down

Author Topic: Without Prejudice 3  (Read 388044 times)

Riaan van Wyk

Re: Without Prejudice 3
« Reply #1960 on: August 19, 2018, 06:32:05 am »

This is another illustration from Advanced Composition Compendium which is a little masterpiece on all things photographic/imographic.

It explains the mathematical ratio between the part and the holistic: the subliminal interplay between sex, high-hopes, learning at Mama's knee, disintegration, disillusion, holding it in and waiting for the taxi.

What do you want for the money?

I looove the pic Rob..

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1961 on: August 19, 2018, 06:58:00 am »

This is another illustration from Advanced Composition Compendium which is a little masterpiece on all things photographic/imographic.

It explains the mathematical ratio between the part and the holistic: the subliminal interplay between sex, high-hopes, learning at Mama's knee, disintegration, disillusion, holding it in and waiting for the taxi.

What do you want for the money?

Bittersweet, ha, next thing you'll tell us is that there are actual lessons of life to be gained from godhonest streetphotography!?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Rob C

« Reply #1962 on: August 19, 2018, 07:07:43 am »

Bittersweet, ha, next thing you'll tell us is that there are actual lessons of life to be gained from godhonest streetphotography!?

Oscar, it's actually the other way around: close observation of our fellows - of any of the sexual varieties now available - informs us that the less we know the better: every photographer must invest in a bucket of sand to be kept beside the front door just in case the urge to venture forth with a camera strikes when least expected! On the other hand, keep on the dark glasses and keep the sand for fires.

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #1963 on: August 19, 2018, 07:10:33 am »

I looove the pic Rob..

Thank you, Riaan!

I keep thinking about going down to Palma again to find people, but then I think of the parking problems and just go back to LuLa...

:-)

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #1964 on: August 19, 2018, 07:55:27 am »

Thank you, Riaan!

I keep thinking about going down to Palma again to find people, but then I think of the parking problems and just go back to LuLa...

:-)

Don't overthink Rob...just do it.

John R

« Reply #1965 on: August 19, 2018, 11:03:26 am »

I prefer non-brilliant sunshine; the charms of unbroken azure are overestimated.
Quite intriguing Rob. May I ask, why this title? The image evokes for me a quiet moonlit shore scene.

JR

Rob C

« Reply #1966 on: August 19, 2018, 01:30:22 pm »

Quite intriguing Rob. May I ask, why this title? The image evokes for me a quiet moonlit shore scene.

JR

That's the romantic in you; I think more in terms of rain! For August, we have had crazy, out-of-season deluges in northern Mallorca.

Rob

Telecaster

« Reply #1967 on: August 19, 2018, 05:18:39 pm »

Lotsa rain and gloomy skies this month in my locale too. Fallout from the California fires, I suspect. But last week we had a pair of afternoons nice enough for park walks. For the first one I was on my own and so gave myself a photo brief to encourage seeing differently than usual: make a short focal length (25mm) image more like a longer one. Zoom in on the flower in #2 for bonus content.  :)

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #1968 on: August 20, 2018, 10:55:24 am »

Geometries.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:54:41 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1969 on: August 20, 2018, 11:09:45 am »

Geometries.

Rob, please! Google is now offering me these types of questionable links to visit:
https://froot.nl/fotografie/magische-middelste-lijn-fotos-kunst-film/

I have to stop visiting the conversations here on LuLa and certainly can't attent Garry's workshop. In fact, i need to get offline, for a looooong while. Better yet, off-grid. Back to nature. Anyone have a recommendation for solar charging a digicam?
Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #1970 on: August 20, 2018, 01:41:22 pm »

Rob, please! Google is now offering me these types of questionable links to visit:
https://froot.nl/fotografie/magische-middelste-lijn-fotos-kunst-film/

I have to stop visiting the conversations here on LuLa and certainly can't attent Garry's workshop. In fact, i need to get offline, for a looooong while. Better yet, off-grid. Back to nature. Anyone have a recommendation for solar charging a digicam?

I can't afford Garry's workshops!

You have to accept that solar charging is only viable within the context of your having a roof over your head, a roof replete with panels designed to produce energy from the waste products of the planet Sun.

I'm working on a way to turn my own waste energy into money, but it is turning out to be a lot more complicated than I had first expected; the problem, in essence, is this: my plans invariably seem to cost more in the execution than they are able to churn back, to me, the principal investor.

My new project is about acorns, but I can't reveal more just now in case the idea gets stolen by one of the energy giants before I have had the opportunity of bringing it to market.

Thank you for your understanding of the delicacy of this matter.

Rob

Rob C

« Reply #1971 on: August 21, 2018, 05:16:05 am »

This bedraggled little thing turned up, literally, in my kitchen sink. Fortunately, it had no water in it or perhaps Batman Jr. may have had a long swim around and around until help arrived.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:54:56 am by Rob C »

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1972 on: August 21, 2018, 06:03:34 am »

This bedraggled little thing turned up, literally, in my kitchen sink. Fortunately, it had no water in it or perhaps Batman Jr. may have had a long swim around and around until help arrived.

Well, at least you now know your appartement can not be demolished.

Unless you are situated under a bridge, then all bets are off.
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1973 on: August 21, 2018, 06:04:16 am »

Rhapsody in blue
Regards,
~ O ~

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #1974 on: August 21, 2018, 06:11:22 am »

Admittedly i missed the decisive moment by a relatively large margin. Them toddlers moving quickly and all. Here's an attempt to salvage the central idea with layering.

Follow me bro'

Regards,
~ O ~

Rob C

« Reply #1975 on: August 21, 2018, 06:21:45 am »

Admittedly i missed the decisive moment by a relatively large margin. Them toddlers moving quickly and all. Here's an attempt to salvage the central idea with layering.

Follow me bro'

This reminds me of Picnic at Hanging Rock.

I like this treatment very much, but there are those who would feel let down that it isn't captured in camera. ;-) I am not one of them.

Rob

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #1976 on: August 21, 2018, 09:57:05 am »

Going home.

Telecaster

« Reply #1977 on: August 21, 2018, 03:42:40 pm »

Funky fungi.

-Dave-

Rob C

« Reply #1978 on: August 21, 2018, 04:32:54 pm »

Second chance?

For M. Clergue...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 04:51:54 am by Rob C »

John R

« Reply #1979 on: August 21, 2018, 11:41:04 pm »

Very nice Rob. To me it's like going from one portal into another. Love the play of light and shadow.

JR
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 184   Go Up