Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Description Field  (Read 1528 times)

Alto

Description Field
« on: June 27, 2017, 04:44:32 pm »

Hi All

Is it possible to apply the same text to the description field of multiple images. (this id for library submissions and my own filing)

Say I have 100 different images of the Golden Gate Bridge and I want the description field to say Golden Gate Bridge for all images I select all 100 then type the words into the description field only one images has the words Golden Gate Bridge.
If however I put the keyword Golden Gate Bridge in the first image all the others have the keyword .

Is this even possible getting frustrated with copy and pasting the description into multiple images.

Will await your comments and yes I have looked at several videos although many not using the right search terms.

Im an ex Aperture used and singing C1 excellent so far 8 months in.

Regards

Jon

TommyWeir

Re: Description Field
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 06:08:00 pm »

You can copy and apply various adjustments as well as metadata.
- select the image with the right description
- In the Metadata Tab, check the Metadata tool
- Make sure it's the only item checked
- down the bottom of the tool find the Copy and Apply buttons, choose Copy.
- select the other images you want to add to.
- check that Description is checked in the tool.
- choose Apply.

Alto

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2017, 06:32:09 am »

Hi Tommy

I tried the copy and apply in the metadata tab but it doesn't work over all selected images for some reason does it depend on the view mode??

I will have another go but can't seem to get it right hoping David might chip in.

Version 10.10.194

Thanks

Jon

TommyWeir

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2017, 06:56:25 am »

Sorry, I was inexact...

- Set up your tool tab so the Clipboard Adjustments and the Metadata tools are both on it for convenience
- Select your image
- In the Metadata tool enter your new description
- In the Clipboard adjustments tool ensure that only your description is checked
- Choose copy down the bottom of the tool
- Select your other image(s)
- Ensure that only description is checked in the Clipboard adjustments and choose Apply.

Alto

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2017, 07:22:35 am »

Hi Tommy

Getting nearer I can get it to work but you have to be careful that only the description field is checked otherwise all the other adjustments will be copied .

When I copy the adjustments it copies all of them not just the description field so you have to go through the payne to delete all the adjustments and leave just the description checked.

Is there a way to get it to copy just the description and not everything else

Thanks again for the help

Jon

This is saving time

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 05:02:29 pm »

Jon, Select one image and change the description. That image is the primary variant. Select all other images in the normal way. Cmd-A to select all or Shift-Click to select others, or Cmd-Click to select random images.

Still in the Metadata Tool select the Double headed arrow. That will bring up all the changeable fields within the Metadata Tool. Uncheck all the ones you do not want to change. (Only the fields that you have changed will be checked.) Then click apply and all the secondary variants will be changed.

If you have not made any changes other than the Description, in your example,  you can hold down the Shift Key and click the Double Arrow and it will copy and apply your description to all the selected Variants. So, sometimes you can take advantage of the Shift Key option by ordering the changes you make in the different tools.

Also, make sure the Edit Selected Tool ("Toggle between Edit Primary and Edit Secondary Variants") is selected in the Tool Bar. The icon with the Multi-able Boxes.

Good Luck.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver
Pages: [1]   Go Up