Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 10.1.2 Only using 1 thread to process files  (Read 1463 times)

sjprg

10.1.2 Only using 1 thread to process files
« on: June 26, 2017, 11:27:58 pm »

I happened to have my Corsair Link monitoring the core temps on my dual monitors when I processed 75 raw files and was supprised to notice that only one thread was processing, although two were selected in preference. I changed the preferences to 4 and reran another 100 from a different folder. Same thing, only one thread was processing.
Windows 10, latest updates, I was wondering why the processing was so slow on this 4GHz (8200 SSD read) machine. Anyone else seeing this kind of a problem?
Paul

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: 10.1.2 Only using 1 thread to process files
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 02:57:03 pm »

I happened to have my Corsair Link monitoring the core temps on my dual monitors when I processed 75 raw files and was supprised to notice that only one thread was processing, although two were selected in preference. I changed the preferences to 4 and reran another 100 from a different folder. Same thing, only one thread was processing.
Windows 10, latest updates, I was wondering why the processing was so slow on this 4GHz (8200 SSD read) machine. Anyone else seeing this kind of a problem?

Hi Paul,

Sorry, no idea. Must be something specific to that machine. On my machine all 8 hyperthreaded cores get busy, and GPU as well.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up