Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: applying custom WB  (Read 1699 times)

Endeavour

applying custom WB
« on: June 19, 2017, 01:45:21 pm »

I have a series of images taken from a locked off camera, with locked exposure settings and consistent lighting.
Image 1 of the series was taken with a 50% grey card in shot to get a white balance reading

How do I apply this custom white balance to the remaining images in the series efficiently?

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: applying custom WB
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 02:33:27 pm »

I am sure there are many ways, however I would:

1.  Click on the grey card, set your WB in image one.

2.  In the upper right corner of the screen hit the right slanted up arrow to copy the image selections.

3.  Select all the remaining images you want to apply set WB to, this is done with different key strokes mac and win

4.  Once all the images you need are selected, in the upper right corner of the screen hit the leftward down arrow, this will apply the copied image selections to all the reaming images.

It takes less time to do it in C1 than it took me to write this.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 04:25:00 pm »

Select one image and apply the white balance correction you want.

Then select all images that you want the WB change applied to.

In the WB Tool hold down the Shift Key and then press the double ended arrow and the will apply the WB setting to all selected images. Pressing the shift key will apply the setting automatically without any dialog message.

This works for most tools. BTW it works for Auto adjustments also.

If you want to apply several adjustments at once then select the double ended arrow up in the tool bar.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver

pfigen

• http://www.peterfigen.com
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 03:29:42 am »

I prefer to use Cmd-Shift-C and then Cmd-Shift-V for those same functions. Faster and easier.

uptownguydenver

• Denverphotoscapes
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 12:32:43 pm »

I prefer to use Cmd-Shift-C and then Cmd-Shift-V for those same functions. Faster and easier.

I believe Cmd-Shift-C and Cmd-Shift-V will copy and paste all adjustments from the Primary Variant to the selected variants. If you only want to apply the adjustment from only one tool you will need to make that adjustment first and then Cmd-Shift-C and Cmd-Shift-V. Or select the double pointed arrow in tool that you wish to apply the adjustment for.
Phase One Certified Professional. Available for Digital-Tech and photo assistant work in the Denver
Pages: [1]   Go Up