Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quiraing  (Read 1147 times)

Kiwi Paul

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 159
    • My flickr
Quiraing
« on: June 03, 2017, 02:44:16 am »

A view of the Quiraing in Isle of Skye, Scotland.

Logged
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

Kevin Raber

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1339
  • Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Quiraing
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 07:42:00 am »

Nice image.  I have shot this location a number of times.  This could be a very dramatic image if you decrease your exposure a lot and then using curves bring up the mid tones and drop the highlights.  That will darken the sky and bring ground a lot.  I would consider doing a mask (layer) for the sky to darken the highlight.  All best accomplished on the RAW. 
Logged
Kevin Raber
[email protected]
[email protected]
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Kiwi Paul

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 159
    • My flickr
Re: Quiraing
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 08:09:19 am »

Thanks for the comments Kevin, much appreciated.
Logged
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

RSL

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16748
    • http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Quiraing
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2017, 08:17:03 am »

What Kevin said. :) But with limitations.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:13:01 am by RSL »
Logged
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

brandtb

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 972
    • http://www.brandtbolding.com
Re: Quiraing
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2017, 08:56:34 am »

Nice image. I would look at the violet cast of the sky (at least on my color corrected monitor) which I think is a somewhat distracting and pulls the overall image down. I would look at it processed more toward the blue...as in Paines Gray...and with a bit more contrast. It will settle the image down and make it a little more cohesive.
Logged
Brandt Bolding
www.brandtbolding.com

Kiwi Paul

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 159
    • My flickr
Re: Quiraing
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2017, 09:27:53 am »

Nice image. I would look at the violet cast of the sky (at least on my color corrected monitor) which I think is a somewhat distracting and pulls the overall image down. I would look at it processed more toward the blue...as in Paines Gray...and with a bit more contrast. It will settle the image down and make it a little more cohesive.

Good point about the colour balance, I changed the balance just to see and is does suit a lower level, raised the contrast a bit too.

Logged
Sony A7R3 + FE 12-24, 24-105, 70-300
Sony RX100 Mk6

luxborealis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2809
    • luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Quiraing
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 05:38:14 pm »

Paul,

I just had a look at your Flickr site and I think the Quirang photograph with the sheep in the foreground is a more compelling photograph.

Terry
Logged
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up