Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Broncolor Move or Profoto B4 - Reliability / Service etc.  (Read 12073 times)

StoryinPictures

Re: Broncolor Move or Profoto B4 - Reliability / Service etc.
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2017, 05:01:58 pm »

I am quite happy with the Godox 360, which offers a fantastic trade-off when it comes to power against weight (or cost, for that matter). The flash tube design is also very good for efficiently filling a modifier.  In practical terms, it competes against the Quadra. The Godox 600 offers less than a stop more power than the 360 in practical terms.

The problem is, none of these Godox units (nor the 400-425WS Elinchrom Quadras, nor the Profoto B1 or B2) is in the same ballpark as the units we are discussing here, which are 1100 to 1200WS. To be clear, WS are about how much power is released, and are not a direct measure of light. There is, so far, no great way to compare relative power between manufacturers. But it does give you a sense of the ballpark.

Remember, you need to double your light output for one extra stop of light.

This may not sound like it matters a lot, but this specific power point hits a sweet spot when competing with sunlight, which is a much more common application for a battery powered pack system.  These units combined with an appropriate modifier are the business.

In the case of Elinchrom, the MaxiSpot, MaxiLite and High Performance (HP) reflectors maximize output. Properly set up, the 27" deep Octas do well for what they are (just don't use all the diffusion).

There are options of this sort from other brands.

djordjezivaljevic

• www.djordjezivaljevic.com
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 08:43:22 am »

I bought Broncolor Move 1200 2 years ago. After six months of rarely usage it stopped to work. 99% percent it was battery fault, but factory requested to send them back battery + generator and they returned mi with brand new one. I can not be happy with that, but customer service was good and extremely quick. Since then, no issue at all. Works like a charm.
www.djordjezivaljevic.com
Montenegro, Europe

Kirk_C

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2017, 02:07:13 am »

If you didn't use the Move or keep the battery charged for an extended period of time it wouldn't matter what brand it is.

Both sealed lead acid batteries and Lithium Ion batteries need to be charged when not used because they spontaneously discharge. If you let a LI battery discharge for too long it won't take a charge and will be ruined.

UlfKrentz

• http://www.shoots.de
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2017, 06:35:54 am »

If you didn't use the Move or keep the battery charged for an extended period of time it wouldn't matter what brand it is.

Both sealed lead acid batteries and Lithium Ion batteries need to be charged when not used because they spontaneously discharge. If you let a LI battery discharge for too long it won't take a charge and will be ruined.

Aren´t Lithium batteries suggested to be stored at around 60% Charge? Don´t store them completely charged, but definitely keep attention to deep discharge / storing close to no charge. That said if my mind serves me well broncolor might have had a problem with one of their first batches of batteries.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up