Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: X1D review on youtube  (Read 2969 times)

pschefz

X1D review on youtube
« on: May 25, 2017, 01:55:09 pm »

the camerastore X1D review
i have no connection with them, just usually tend to enjoy their reviews...i agree with this one 100%, it sums up my own experience with the camera...including all the wanting to like it....
schefz.com
artloch.com

Eric Borgström

Re: X1D review on youtube
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 09:32:48 am »

Self liking and shooting the X1D I think this review sums it up honestly. Hasselblad must have a much better firmware to offer on the one year anniversary of the X1D introduction.
/Eric

pschefz

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 06:36:46 pm »

Self liking and shooting the X1D I think this review sums it up honestly. Hasselblad must have a much better firmware to offer on the one year anniversary of the X1D introduction.
/Eric

just got to try the X1D again....same incredible little body....this one had the latest firmware....not sure i noticed much difference...startup and AF seemed still the same....lens actually felt cheaper then the GF lenses (now that i can compare...)
starting to think that there is only so much that can be improved with firmware....X2D will be more interesting....wonder how well the lenses will hold up with the 100mpix sensor....
schefz.com
artloch.com

JKevinScott

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 01:48:23 pm »

I've done some portrait work with the X1D that I'm happy with that would have been difficult to do with any other compact camera given the way I was leveraging sync speed.  I like it having it as a less expensive backup for location shoots than carrying a second P1 body and back.  But I agree with almost everything in this review, particularly the stuff about the camera's quirks.  I made the mistake of carrying the X1D as a walkaround camera for doing candids on a family vacation and between the slow start up time and the frequent lockups, I was almost ready to throw it against a wall by the end of the day, and was kicking myself for not bringing my stalwart Leica Monochrom M with me.

pschefz

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 04:39:32 pm »

I've done some portrait work with the X1D that I'm happy with that would have been difficult to do with any other compact camera given the way I was leveraging sync speed.

i have been using the cactus V6II flash trigger with my FUJI GFX50 and broncolor move kit on location and it works perfectly....syncs at all speeds up to 1/4000 you can see some samples on my Behance
schefz.com
artloch.com

HBIEVP

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2017, 10:47:51 pm »

As of 2/17/17, Firmware 1.15 marked the most substantial update to date, adding the followiing functionality and main improvements for X1D:

• Focus peaking
• GPS support
• Max/min settings for AutoISO
• HC Lens Adapter support (Manual Focus only)
• Video poster frame
• Selectable 50/100% zoom level in manual focus assist
• Display menu: Separate Exposure Simulation On/Off setting for M and for A/S/P/Full Auto
• About menu: "Usage" shows shutter count for lens
• Custom Modes - Show actual exposure mode on Control Screen
• Improved contrast level in video
• Improved auto white balance
• Improved support for Phocus Mobile • LCD color improvements
• Language updates
• Bug fixes

As of 5/29/17, Firmware 1.15.1

Links:

Firmware 1.15.1

Firmware 1.15

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2017, 06:08:13 am »

i have been using the cactus V6II flash trigger with my FUJI GFX50 and broncolor move kit on location and it works perfectly....syncs at all speeds up to 1/4000 you can see some samples on my behance.net

looks good!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 06:13:09 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

pschefz

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2017, 11:32:32 am »

schefz.com
artloch.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up