Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too much to bear ... or carry .. HALP!  (Read 4832 times)

aboudd

• Aboud Dweck - A Body of Work
Re: Too much to bear ... or carry .. HALP!
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 09:43:00 pm »

Thanks D White, and everyone else for your comments, they have been very helpful.

This is subjective of course, mel the Leica is a fine travel camera. In hand it feels a bit heavier than a pro DSLR, but the balance is good. I have taken it to Hawaii, Israel and shot images around D.C. for my book and got great images with it. The Leica S sensor is fabulous and with a bit over 20% more pixels than the Canon 5D4 its image quality tops the Canon. I also make large prints up to 60 inches, so again, the larger sensor is an advantage.

I am only taking two lenses with the Leica, the 35 and the 70, so that bag is quite manageable. The second bag will have the Canon, the 17MM TSE for ultra wide shots in case I get in an ice cave or another tight spot. I'll also have the 40 pancake for street shooting. For me, who usually goes on assignment with large kits, lighting and stands,  this is like taking a point and shoot.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 09:47:07 pm by aboudd »
A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer in your pants.
www.dweckgallery.com

luxborealis

• luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2017, 10:51:23 am »

I think you'll miss having something longer. I love wideangle landscapes and have shot a good many in Iceland. But, given the exceptionally clear and clean air and long-distance views, there are a great many landscapes that benefit from a longer lens.

Rainbow: 125mm (all 35mm equivalent)
Baula: 400mm
GoĆ°afoss: 24mm
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2017, 01:23:50 pm »

I think you'll miss having something longer. I love wideangle landscapes and have shot a good many in Iceland. But, given the exceptionally clear and clean air and long-distance views, there are a great many landscapes that benefit from a longer lens.

I agree. Shots at 200 and 300 mm.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up