Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR Update Issue  (Read 3040 times)

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
LR Update Issue
« on: May 12, 2017, 10:49:38 am »

I'm finally getting around to updating LR to 6.10 but for some reason I'm only getting the CC window to pop up and ask if I want to update LR CC which I do not have.  I've never paid a subscription fee to Adobe for CC but I guess they don't know this for some reason.  I just want to update stand alone LR.  I've tried to uninstall the CC app but it won't let me do so saying I have some apps on my computer that require it.

Does anyone know a work around for this???  It's curious to me.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: LR Update Issue
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2017, 11:11:18 am »

It's all done through the CC app or "window", regardless of whether you have CC or not. When Lr opens, it will check whether it's licensed by subscription or by a registration code. So in your case, it then will look/behave like 6.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2017, 11:15:32 am »

Thanks John.  That is what I was thinking but I just wanted some confirmation before clicking the button.

Garnick

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2017, 03:37:15 pm »

I'm finally getting around to updating LR to 6.10 but for some reason I'm only getting the CC window to pop up and ask if I want to update LR CC which I do not have.  I've never paid a subscription fee to Adobe for CC but I guess they don't know this for some reason.  I just want to update stand alone LR.  I've tried to uninstall the CC app but it won't let me do so saying I have some apps on my computer that require it.

Does anyone know a work around for this???  It's curious to me.

Hello Alan,

As mentioned previously, I am not in subscription mode yet and even though I seldom use LR, I always keep the CS(LR6) version up to date as much as possible.  I just checked and I now have v6.5 installed, so wondering why you are updating to 6.1 only.  Just asking.

Gary 
Gary N.
"My memory isn't what it used to be. As a matter of fact it never was." (gan)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 03:51:39 pm »

6.10 is point ten, not 6.1

Garnick

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 04:40:24 pm »

6.10 is point ten, not 6.1

Why of course it is  :-[ ! For some reason I saw it as 6.1.0, not sure why.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious, which obviously wasn't so obvious to me :(

Alan - Which OS are you running, Win or Mac?  If Mac, what version?  I'm on 10.9.5 and will be upgrading soon to El Capitan.  If possible I will update LR as well at that point.  I assume you were updating from within LR, correct?  I would usually download the update and install later, but I noticed for v6.5 I have no separate download so I obviously did it from within LR.  It would seem that 6.5 is the latest version for OS X 10.9.5, but probably later versions for OS X 10.11(10.eleven).  Sorry, couldn't resist that  :) .

Gary 
Gary N.

Denis de Gannes

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 05:48:33 pm »

Why of course it is  :-[ ! For some reason I saw it as 6.1.0, not sure why.  Thanks for pointing out the obvious, which obviously wasn't so obvious to me :(

Alan - Which OS are you running, Win or Mac?  If Mac, what version?  I'm on 10.9.5 and will be upgrading soon to El Capitan.  If possible I will update LR as well at that point.  I assume you were updating from within LR, correct?  I would usually download the update and install later, but I noticed for v6.5 I have no separate download so I obviously did it from within LR.  It would seem that 6.5 is the latest version for OS X 10.9.5, but probably later versions for OS X 10.11(10.eleven).  Sorry, couldn't resist that  6.9 is higher than 6.10 or 6.1

Gary

If one is think metric then 6.9 is higher than 6.10 or 6.1
Equip: iMac (Ret. 5K,27"Mid 2015),macOS 10.15.6

Garnick

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 08:58:34 pm »

If one is think metric then 6.9 is higher than 6.10 or 6.1

Thanks Denis,

Here in Canada we do use the metric system, so on some level I guess perhaps I can be excused  :) ;D 8)

Gary
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 08:11:11 am by Garnick »
Gary N.

Alan Goldhammer

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2017, 04:46:25 pm »

Alan - Which OS are you running, Win or Mac?  If Mac, what version?  I'm on 10.9.5 and will be upgrading soon to El Capitan.  If possible I will update LR as well at that point.  I assume you were updating from within LR, correct?  I would usually download the update and install later, but I noticed for v6.5 I have no separate download so I obviously did it from within LR.  It would seem that 6.5 is the latest version for OS X 10.9.5, but probably later versions for OS X 10.11(10.eleven).  Sorry, couldn't resist that  :) .

Gary
My workstation runs Windows 8.1 (I build my own computers so I've always stayed on Windows).  The update was done within LR which calls up the Adobe Creative Cloud app that does the actual updating.  Update went just fine.
Pages: [1]   Go Up