Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 10.1 released!  (Read 11732 times)

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Capture One 10.1 released!
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 03:17:25 pm »

I've just noticed a quite decent bleed when C1 applies lens distortion correction. Here you can see a X-Pro2 18-55 @18mm OOC-picture overlayed by a C1-Output (@Lens Manufacturer Profile).

Can anybody here explain, why C1 is cutting of such a portion of the picture? Or can this behavior changed by a parameter?

Are you sure you don't have the crop tool selected.  As soon as you exit the crop tool, the gray borders should go away and the full image should be seen.  At least that's what it does on my end on Phase One files.  I don't have any Fuji files to try it on.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 03:29:57 pm »

I've just noticed a quite decent bleed when C1 applies lens distortion correction. Here you can see a X-Pro2 18-55 @18mm OOC-picture overlayed by a C1-Output (@Lens Manufacturer Profile).

Can anybody here explain, why C1 is cutting of such a portion of the picture? Or can this behavior changed by a parameter?

Hi,

On the Lens Correction tool tab, check your settings for "Hide Distorted Areas", and the "Distortion" slider. If a lens was used with distortion that got recognized, the associated correction will cause part of the reconstructed image to become larger than a corrected rectangular area and that can be hidden, or not. The amount of correction that is applied depends on the slider control.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Harald L

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2017, 03:47:10 pm »

Thank you guys.
Glad to be an amateur

Rainer SLP

• RS-Fotografia
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2017, 04:38:59 pm »

Hi,

WOW, just updated to 10.1 and the start up time went down from 160 seconds to 60 seconds ...

8)

Well, false alarm. It is as slow as previous versions as I just found out. It all depends of the quantity of images in a folder when you close C1Pro ...

:-\

« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:54:18 pm by Rainer SLP »
Thanks and regards Rainer
 I am here for

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2017, 05:44:00 pm »

On 10.1 I can't seem to use the color editor on local adjustments, other adjustments seem to work OK so far as I've tried.

Anyone else seeing this ?

On Win 7

On local adjustment layers only the "Basic" tab is inactive, the "Advanced" and "skin tone" work fine (at least in mine). The "Basic" is only active in the Background layer

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 03:43:07 am »

Neat, support for the Nikon 105mm f1.4 and 70-200 f2.8 E FL!

Cheers,
Bernard

BobDavid

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2017, 02:44:27 pm »

A stupid question: I just started using C1 about a month ago. I purchased the C1 10 Pro for Sony. How do I update to 10.1? Am I supposed to deactivate C1 10 and then download C1 10.1 I am using a Windows machine.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 02:48:09 pm by BobDavid »

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 03:01:57 pm »

A stupid question: I just started using C1 about a month ago. I purchased the C1 10 Pro for Sony. How do I update to 10.1? Am I supposed to deactivate C1 10 and then download C1 10.1 I am using a Windows machine.

I use a Mac, but I think it's the same. Just download the new version, replace the old one with it, and it's all good. No need to deactivate/reactivate.
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Dinarius

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 12:09:00 pm »

Windows 10 x64

Just loaded a new batch of RAWs for the first time in 10.1.

All were taken with a Canon 17-40mm f4.0 on a 5D Mk iv.

Two observations....

1. In Lens Correction, Canon 17-40mm is listed as it should be. However, Chromatic Aberration is NOT ticked by default, as it normally is.

2. If I tick the CA box for a single file, all is well. However, if I Ctrl/Select all the files in the folder and tick the CA box, the "Do you wish to correct CA for all the selected files" (or words to that effect) dialog does not appear. If I deselect all the files and then check any of them (other than the file that was on the screen when I selected all of them) none of them has CA ticked, except the master file.

I don't ever recall having to select anything in Preferences to make CA ticked by default.

Is this a problem with me or a bug in 10.1?

Thanks.

D.

Dinarius

« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 12:23:01 pm »

Ps.

I just loaded a few files taken with my pocket camera - a Sony RX100.

Exactly the same problem. Camera recognized in Lens Correction, but no default CA, and batch correction of CA not possible.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

D.

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2017, 01:52:53 pm »

Ps.

I just loaded a few files taken with my pocket camera - a Sony RX100.

Exactly the same problem. Camera recognized in Lens Correction, but no default CA, and batch correction of CA not possible.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks.

D.

While not automatic, simply select one shot, check the CA box, then copy the adjustment (Diagonal up arrow), now select all images in question and copy the adjustment (diagonal down arrow) - the adjustment will then be performed on all selected images.

Dinarius

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm aware of that feature.

My point is that, something I'm as sure as I can be that used to be there, no longer is.

Thanks again.

D.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 03:14:25 am by Dinarius »

sharperstill

« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2017, 01:30:11 am »

Same problem here running (or trying) from the Applications folder.

Can someone comment on the supposed improvements for Fuji X-Trans rendering?

Jon

Jeff

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2017, 02:21:53 am »

Same problem here running (or trying) from the Applications folder.

Same issue has been raised over on Phase One's Capture One Forums.
They are aware of it and have suggested raising a support ticket to obtain a work round until they find out the problem and a fix

JimDK

• Capture One - Made by Phase One
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2017, 05:46:41 pm »

10.1.1 is out now and has fixed the DMG issue.

Download 10.1.1 from Phase One website
Software Product Manager - Phase One A/S

sawwhetowl

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 01:50:26 am »

Amazing, a kinda "Before/After button".  Hold the Alt Key and click reset icon to see adjustments temporarily switched out.  Better yet would be button you click and it opens both the before and after image.  Better yet would a shortcut key.  I'll have to reconsider C1.

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 04:13:05 am »

Amazing, a kinda "Before/After button".  Hold the Alt Key and click reset icon to see adjustments temporarily switched out.

Yes, so we have this as an option for the entire image with all settings, we also have it on a per tool basis, and we can also have it at a per slider control level by clicking (and holding) the mouse button on the name label of the control (at least that's how it works on my Windows version, don't know about MacOS).

Better yet would be button you click and it opens both the before and after image.

I prefer to switch in place, because side by side images are harder to compare due to eye accommodation to the direct surroundings. One can, of course, clone a variant and display it side by side.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up