Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom publish or export to Facebook  (Read 2195 times)

GreggP

Lightroom publish or export to Facebook
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:02:42 pm »

I prefer to publish my photos to websites instead of exporting. Publishing​ seems better because I can track the photos, along with views, likes and comments.

However, publishing to Facebook groups doesn't work. The Lightroom/Facebook publish feature doesn't support groups. Instead, you can create a collection and tie that to one of your Facebook albums. Then you publish to that collection which puts​ it in that album. So, I created an album, set the view permissions to public and then shared photos from that album to specific groups. The album has to be public if you want the photo to be visible to other group members who are not your Facebook friends.

Most of the groups of which I am a member want direct posts. They specifically​ ask you not to share to the group page. An administrator explained that posted photos look better, get more attention and can be added to special galleries if well received.

Can anyone suggest a way where I can have the management benefits of the Facebook publish feature, but still post directly to groups? Or will I have to export to HD and upload?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Lightroom publish or export to Facebook
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:43:24 pm »

Not sure if this http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/facebook will help, but it extends the capabilities of Lr's built-in Facebook plugin.

GreggP

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2017, 05:44:22 pm »

Not sure if this http://regex.info/blog/lightroom-goodies/facebook will help, but it extends the capabilities of Lr's built-in Facebook plugin.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it doesn't support publish to groups. I don't think it can be solved until Facebook changes their API.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

davidlandry

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 04:14:11 pm »

I have a similar workflow, but even further removed.  I publish my photos to Flickr and then within Flickr send a link to Facebook that contains the first image with a link to Flickr.  I do this because Flickr displays photos much better than FB, but maybe that has changed.  Please share a solution if you find a way to directly publish within LR to FB groups.

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2017, 05:47:18 am »

Those wanting such a feature might want to put in a feature request on JF's page (link above).  It seems he's always busy updating his plugins, so you might very well end up getting it added.

And try to donate if you have the means to do so...  Hopefully more than the required minimum of the $.01 PayPal fee. :)  His plugins are always extremely detailed.
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!
Pages: [1]   Go Up