Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PSA: lower adjustment slider sensitivity  (Read 1745 times)

af_ahoy

PSA: lower adjustment slider sensitivity
« on: April 10, 2017, 04:29:22 am »

Hello! Maybe this is already common knowledge but I only found out about it a few days ago, so thought I'd share just in case.

Anyway, if you're moving a slider and find it's too sensitive, you can hold Alt* down to reduce the sensitivity. I find this especially useful for the Exposure and Rotation tools.

You can also use your mouse wheel to adjust sliders in small increments (e.g. the Exposure slider by 0.1 EV) as long as the mouse pointer is over the slider at the time. (not sure how well this works with trackpads)

* on Windows at least; not sure about Mac

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: PSA: lower adjustment slider sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 05:08:32 am »

Hello! Maybe this is already common knowledge but I only found out about it a few days ago, so thought I'd share just in case.

Anyway, if you're moving a slider and find it's too sensitive, you can hold Alt* down to reduce the sensitivity. I find this especially useful for the Exposure and Rotation tools.

You can also use your mouse wheel to adjust sliders in small increments (e.g. the Exposure slider by 0.1 EV) as long as the mouse pointer is over the slider at the time. (not sure how well this works with trackpads)

* on Windows at least; not sure about Mac

Hi,

It's always useful to mention these things, for new users as well as for folks stuck in old habits ...

I use the mouse scroll-wheel method a lot, and one doesn't even have to click on a control, just hovering above a slider will be enough. That allows working pretty fast, but with lots of fine control. Clicking on a number value input field also allows to use the arrow up/down for fine control, and the Shift-key will increase the up/down arrow interval.

Cheers,
Bart

== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Jglaser757

Re: PSA: lower adjustment slider sensitivity
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 10:11:54 am »

Thanks,,I did not know that,,try to experiment
Pages: [1]   Go Up