Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom mobile and HDR capture  (Read 789 times)

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
Lightroom mobile and HDR capture
« on: March 28, 2017, 01:12:44 pm »

If you havn't seen it here is the new HDR feature in Lightroom mobile https://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2017/03/lr-mobile-update-raw-hdr-capture-mode-for-ios-and-android.html
I only tried a few shots so far and nothing really presentable. I used the iPhone 7+ and the camera in Lightroom mobile now also has support for the two lenses which can be selected. The HDR captured is a DNG as mentioned and it is transferred into Lightroom automatically and with settings similar to what you would expect if you had merged several exposures using the HDR feature in Lightroom with auto tone. So therefore the DNG is fully editable as expected. That's a great feature and thank you Adobe.

It made me think: What if my camera was running Android and Lightroom mobile could run on it and the camera in LR mobile could access the camera like on the iPhone. Then the HDR function could be done automatically and transferred to Lightroom. Wow, would that not be great? Yes, I know, there is a little catch. The transfer between LR mobile and LR is via the Adobe servers so unless you are on a fast network this will take a long time. The file size I saw from the iPhone HDR shots were 46-47MB.  Maybe there is a camera manufacturer that see the light too? :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 01:35:12 pm by Hans Kruse »
Pages: [1]   Go Up