I currently use an Epson 7890. It's a fine printer. It rarely clogs--I live in Florida. I am interested in downsizing to a 17" printer. How do the latest generation Epson and Canon printers compare to the 7890?
Of the two, Canon Prograph Pro-1000 vs Epson SureColor P5000 Standard Edition, which has the best output and is the least prone to maintenance issues. It is possible that I will be moving to Colorado, where the humidity is low.
I am aware that the Canon does not accommodate rolls. That is a disadvantage. I am also ambivalent about the gloss optimizer. ... As for dynamic range, overall print quality, and ergonomics, which of the two is the better choice?
I mostly use Hahnamuhle Photo Rag Baryta, Epson Premium Luster, and the RC version of Hahnamuhle Photo Pearl.
I have a decent reserve of Epson Natural Hot Press rag. I rarely print MK. However, I may start using it more if the latest generation of printers produce significantly better output.