Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts not working  (Read 2439 times)

Jglaser757

keyboard shortcuts not working
« on: March 21, 2017, 09:34:48 pm »

I created my own shortcuts. I wanted to create some for Auto adjustment for Levels, wb, HDR. I created them, but my mac will not execute them..I tried restarting, rebooting the software and my comp. Nothing works,
The other shortcuts i created work great.

suggestions?

Jglaser757

Re: keyboard shortcuts not working
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2017, 02:55:04 pm »

Tech support answered why some wont work

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 03:40:19 pm »

Tech support answered why some wont work

Would you share their answer?
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

Jglaser757

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 11:05:58 pm »

ahh another C1 convert,,

Well, I was trying to create keyboard shortcut for auto level, auto Wb etc..but cant be done,,can only create auto exposure and either include the other options or not,,The issue is that each one creates a different look especially when adding them in a different order. IT cannot be done

Loving the software,, much faster than LR imho and more precise,,,better output than LR imho and more of a fine art workflow..

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 06:33:59 am »

Well, I was trying to create keyboard shortcut for auto level, auto Wb etc..but cant be done,,can only create auto exposure and either include the other options or not,,The issue is that each one creates a different look especially when adding them in a different order.

Hi,

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, that makes sense.

Capture One doesn't use a (behind the scenes) fixed order of executing the various parameter settings on Auto. Each tool takes the at that time current settings, and then uses some automatic heuristics for the tool at hand. This probably reflects the varied types of imagery that various professionals shoot. It would be much easier to guess a preferred order for a specific subject matter.

I also use a somewhat different order of manual adjustments, depending on image content and creative intent. If I want to create a contrasty image, and depending on whether I use studio lighting or natural light (with/without reflectors or fill in flash), the Contrast control is one of the first I'll use to get the overall atmosphere. Then I'll adjust the overall Exposure level, and tweak the tone curve or levels to optimize tone-reproduction in various brightness levels. Doing it Exposure first, and then Contrast, will require redoing Exposure again. Other subjects may need white-balance, saturation, or color adjustments to set the intended atmosphere.

One could create a somewhat subject dependent preference by using Styles though. If you e.g. notice that you always increase Saturation, then it could become part of a User Style that starts off closer to where you'll probably end up anyway. 

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up