Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using Roll Paper...4800 & ImagePrint  (Read 4189 times)

Pete JF

Using Roll Paper...4800 & ImagePrint
« on: August 02, 2006, 12:31:37 pm »

Hi Folks,

What is the most efficient method for using roll paper in Imageprint on a 4800? Having trouble getting this to work without wasting paper.

Tried one print and it printed a black line and then started feeding out endless amounts of paper...would have kept going so i had to pull the plug on the printer...I hate doing that.

Im confused as to settings within Imageprint cooperating wiith the settings on the 4800 panel.

Seems like when I follow directions in 4800 manual...it feeds out to much paper and stops...an extra foot or so...cant be right?

In Imageprint, I dont have a clue..never used roll paper before...

Also, media thickness. I am using Innova Fibre Gloss F in a 17" wide roll, very heavy

Thanks

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 10:53:14 pm »

I've had no personal experience with this, but I am ordering some of that paper and was discussing with my supplier the merits of rolls versus sheets. He runs a first-class printing establishment, experienced with many printers and media, and he commented to me that the 4800 roll operation does waste paper. So your observation rang a bell with what I heard just this evening. He recommended if I don't mind printing one image at a time using sheets and feeding them from the top of the printer.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 11:03:09 pm »

Does Imageprint let you define a custom paper size?  Using Qimage and roll paper on my 4800 I just define a paper size like 17x24, set the source as roll, and go.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net

jashley

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 07:37:04 pm »

Does Imageprint let you define a custom paper size?  Using Qimage and roll paper on my 4800 I just define a paper size like 17x24, set the source as roll, and go.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72442\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yep, same idea.  Set up a user defined page size (17 x whatever), then uncheck Sheet in the IP Printer setup dialog box, and make sure the Auto Cut check box matches the roll/sheet setting on the 4800 panel.  That's really all there is to it.

jashley

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 07:54:46 pm »

Pete,

Thickness might be an issue if you want to use the built-in cutter.  It's not meant for heavy papers.  I would guess the F-type is too heavy but haven't used it.

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:46:54 pm »

Does Imageprint let you define a custom paper size?  Using Qimage and roll paper on my 4800 I just define a paper size like 17x24, set the source as roll, and go.

Nill
~~
www.toulme.net
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=72442\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ditto on my 7800...

Cheers,
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

Pete JF

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 11:08:12 pm »

Im back on the printer so Ill check your tips out...Im wondering about the "inked area" checkbox.

Thank you, folks
Pages: [1]   Go Up