Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netherlands Elections and Turkey sending Dutch cows back  (Read 19928 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Netherlands Elections and Turkey sending Dutch cows back
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2017, 09:32:21 am »

Erdogan also stated in one of his many speeches that Turkish women in Europe will have to make more children, not 3 but 5...

Which just confirms what is said before, that Muslims are using "weaponized natality."

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2017, 09:48:56 am »

Strange coincidence, as we speak, a wedding party just exited the mosque's parking area down the street from where I live, cars honking as if we're in Istanbul, and many of the cars were decorated with both a Turkish flag and a Dutch flag. The display of flags is a new touch.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2017, 12:10:49 pm »

Strange coincidence, as we speak, a wedding party just exited the mosque's parking area down the street from where I live, cars honking as if we're in Istanbul, and many of the cars were decorated with both a Turkish flag and a Dutch flag. The display of flags is a new touch.

Cheers,
Bart
How do you feel about it?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2017, 12:16:28 pm »

Erdogan also stated in one of his many speeches that Turkish women in Europe will have to make more children, not 3 but 5...
In a way he uses the same tactics as Trump did on the road to the elections; scream out loud a lot of nonsense; the nonsense the Turks want to hear... Make the Turkish empire GREAT again...!
We need a strong leader! to protect us from the evil outside world...
At the same time the economy is going worse and Turkey becomes more isolated. A good reason to shout even louder.
Erdogan is a Turkish disaster. Ataturk was right- politics and religion need to be separated.
Investors will run away, tourism is down, and a war with the Kurds is already a fact.
All leaders use nationalism to get the vote.  Nothing new about that.  What would you expect them to say? 

"I plan to give away all the country's resources and wealth.  I'm going to de-militarize and open us up to invasion.  My campaign promise is to make the country miserable,  weak, and dis-respected.  Now, go out and vote for me." 

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2017, 01:13:18 pm »

How do you feel about it?

The flags are a nice touch, although I fail to see the relevance for a wedding. In fact they also had a white scarf tied to the rear-view mirror. There must be some symbolism attached to that ...
Have to ask someone more versed in their ceremony.

I'm confident that Slobodan will offer an in-depth analysis, or maybe he sort of did in the preceding post.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2017, 01:29:57 pm »

To me it seems like they're proud of both their Dutch citizenship and Turkish heritage.   Like yesterday in America during St. Patrick day parade in NYC where you'll see American flags as well as shamrocks and Irish flags.  As an aside, I grew up in The Bronx, a borough of NYC.  It was named after Jonas Bronck who lived their hundreds of years ago, a Dutchman.  When people wanted to visit them, they would say, "Let's go up to the Bronck's" meaning their home.  So not only the name stayed, but the The also.  No one around here says The Brooklyn or The New York, but everyone says The Bronx.  Of course New York was originally New Stuyvesant until your friends the English stopped by and decided to rename it.  when I was a kid we used to play stoopball.  I'll let you figure out what that was.

Anyway, maybe the white "scarf" represents the veil a Muslim woman wears for pre-marital modesty that is removed because she's with her husband now in the car and isn't required in front of him.  Just a guess.   
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up