Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: More GFX fodder  (Read 4745 times)

Chris Barrett

• www.christopherbarrett.net
More GFX fodder
« on: March 12, 2017, 10:00:54 am »

Spotted in Instagram yesterday.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: More GFX fodder
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2017, 11:00:38 am »

Hi Chris,

Is that the M-Line, or DSLR-2 the camera is on?  Interesting on the Canon mounts, hope they will get it out in a timely way.  The Universalis would be great solution.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Chris Barrett

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2017, 11:54:57 am »

I believe the Canon mounts are shipping.  I've had mine about a year.  That's the Universalis.  Actually, my Universalis is up for sale.  I'm just using the Mf2 nowadays.

CB

fotagf8

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 02:01:02 pm »

Do you know whether the GFX accessory plate will mount to the back of the Universalis?  Thanks.

andyptak

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 09:22:23 am »

Chris - was the unit not what you had hoped, or you just found something better?

Chris Barrett

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 05:41:29 pm »

I already owned the Mf2.  I bought the Universalis because I liked it's compactness.  The Mf2 is more rigid and accurate, though, so I ended up prefering it.  I still feel the Universalis is more precise than the Actus.

CB

wallpaperviking

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2017, 02:13:37 am »

So this is the same thing but in Twitter and mentions lens choices....  Am still waiting to see either Cambo or Arca Swiss come out with a Contax 645 electronic lensboard.  These lenses have been shown to have a very large, sharp image circle.  I guess because these lenses are no longer in production they don't see the value in it.. :(

I wonder if the Universalis II keeps the L-Bracket on the rear for switiching between horizontal and vertical?

andyptak

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 08:07:06 am »

Any thoughts on the Fuji Chris?

I was intrigued when it was first announced, but now I'm feeling a bit ho-hum about it. Convenient to be sure, but not as groundbreaking images as I had first hoped. They're nice, but a bit underwhelming in my expectations.

Chris Barrett

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 08:15:20 am »

I forget where things landed with C1 Pro support and tethering, but I'm not really interested in shooting to LR, so if it can't do that, I'll stick with the Sony... A7r3???

Craig Lamson

• Craig Lamson Photo Homepage
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 09:11:48 am »

I forget where things landed with C1 Pro support and tethering, but I'm not really interested in shooting to LR, so if it can't do that, I'll stick with the Sony... A7r3???

Chris, do you know if Capture Pilot now supports full operation of the A7rII?   I need ISO and shutter speed adjustment on a iOS device.

Thanks.
Craig Lamson Photo

andyptak

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2017, 05:28:51 pm »

Craig - the Sony app does that. From their Play Memories Store.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2017, 07:28:22 pm »

Craig - the Sony app does that. From their Play Memories Store.

Thanks I appreciate it.  I took a look, but it's not a real tethering app like Capture 1 and Capture Pilot.  Not quite what I was looking for.  Thanks again.
Craig Lamson Photo

OwenR

• http://www.owenraggett.com
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2017, 08:43:02 pm »

Chris, do you know if Capture Pilot now supports full operation of the A7rII?   I need ISO and shutter speed adjustment on a iOS device.

Thanks.

Alas, no

Chris Barrett

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 09:43:33 pm »

My camera is at the studio, but I routinely change the shutter speed on the A7r2 from C1Pro.  I do so, to avoid touching the camera during bracketing.  I've also changed the ISO this way.  I don't have communication between the boy and the lenses, though, so no changes there.  Here's where it's a little confusing... there are two tool tabs with "Camera" in their title.  The one called "Camera" not "Camera Settings" is where you can change things.  It's also where you activate live view.

I just discovered that while you can't zoom in to live view via C1Pro, you can still zoom in on the camera and move around with the dial and it totally shows up in the C1Pro live view.  Awesome when your camera is up against a wall (or an RV bulkhead).

HTH,
CB

Craig Lamson

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »

My camera is at the studio, but I routinely change the shutter speed on the A7r2 from C1Pro.  I do so, to avoid touching the camera during bracketing.  I've also changed the ISO this way.  I don't have communication between the boy and the lenses, though, so no changes there.  Here's where it's a little confusing... there are two tool tabs with "Camera" in their title.  The one called "Camera" not "Camera Settings" is where you can change things.  It's also where you activate live view.

I just discovered that while you can't zoom in to live view via C1Pro, you can still zoom in on the camera and move around with the dial and it totally shows up in the C1Pro live view.  Awesome when your camera is up against a wall (or an RV bulkhead).

HTH,
CB

That's why I do it too, but I do it from my ipad, while inside a trailer or other space as I move lights around. Even with the stabilization jacks down'if I go in and out of the rv it moves and sometimes this moves the camera.  Nothing I hate more than trying to piece together an image where  the different exposures have moved a few pixel.  Its a nightmare...and I've done it more than once :(   I never change the aperture, as it changes the image size and then the parts and pieces don't fit.  I use all strobe so I bracket via ISO.   Capture Pilot is a must.  I would try to use that Sony body, even though I do like the 5Ds.  Maybe it will work with the next version.
Craig Lamson Photo

Chris Barrett

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 10:57:05 pm »

Sorry, I misunderstood... not sure about Capture Pilot on the iPad, I was talking about the laptop.

OwenR

• http://www.owenraggett.com
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 05:32:31 am »

HTH,
CB

Chris, have you found a way to adjust shutter speed in 1 stop increments from C1 with the Sony? It's such a sluggish process in 1/3 stop increments. Such a minor thing but irrationally it annoys me.

Craig Lamson

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 09:30:57 am »

Sorry, I misunderstood... not sure about Capture Pilot on the iPad, I was talking about the laptop.

No worries...thanks for the info. 
Craig Lamson Photo
Pages: [1]   Go Up