Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom and Camera Raw Phase One iq 100 support  (Read 1461 times)

wing1

Lightroom and Camera Raw Phase One iq 100 support
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:51:01 am »

Great News! With 9.9 camera raw we have iq3 100 support (“S” compression mode not supported)

cgarnerhome

• cgarnerphoto
Re: Lightroom and Camera Raw Phase One iq 100 support
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2017, 08:59:49 am »

I hope that means it will properly handle dark frame subtraction!

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2017, 10:12:54 am »

For clarity the IQ3 100mp was already supported (in the normal IIQ L mode) and has been for the better part of a year. This update adds support for the IIQ L 16 bit mode.

If you're looking for relevant raw files you can download something like 40gb worth of IQ3 100mp raw files from our Phase One IQ3 100mp Raw File Catalog.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 10:56:41 am »

Actually, I don't believe the support was ever announced for the IQ100 until yesterday.  I may have that wrong, but I never saw it in the release notes. Yes, you could attempt to open the 14bit files but I did not find the conversion that good and many times the files still did not open correctly. 

As one of the biggest selling points from P1 I see over and over is the "true" 16 bit files, not having that ability to open and work them, is not really "support" IMO.

Good news is that with help from many folks on this forum, Adobe was able to get the data they couldn't seem to get from P1 and the support is there now.  I will add, the files look very good also.  Nice now to be able to do a true exposure bracket and even better a pano from raw, as that makes a huge difference.

Notes, the lens profiles are very limited, and appear to only cover the older Mamiya stuff, non Schneider BL and Non BL.  If you are working a pano with a lot of sky no clouds or any other pure background, you need to load something for the lens profile before you run the pano tool.  The pano tool uses the lens profile to help blend the images and remove edge vignetting.  I just loaded the stock 35mm F3.5 and it works OK.  Would be better to see the Schneider's added at a later date.

Paul Caldwell

Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up