Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Voigtlander lenses for Sony E mount  (Read 2997 times)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
New Voigtlander lenses for Sony E mount
« on: February 23, 2017, 06:41:45 am »

All covering FF:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/cosina-voigtlander-announces-three-new-e-mount-lenses/

35 1.4
40 1.2
65 f2 Macro

Very interesting and good releases.

hogloff

Re: New Voigtlander lenses for Sony E mount
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 09:41:06 am »

That 40 1.2 has my interest up. Great to see more manufactures building for the e mount. Now for Sigma to release e mount lenses.

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 12:01:47 pm »

Not so sure about Sigma, they are on a roll releasing great lenses, but huge and heavy. To me, in terms of size and weight on my A7II, the Batis family is a sweet spot (light, and not too unwieldy on the camera).

Can't imagine using even the native GM 85 or ZA 50:)

hogloff

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 12:14:40 pm »

Not so sure about Sigma, they are on a roll releasing great lenses, but huge and heavy. To me, in terms of size and weight on my A7II, the Batis family is a sweet spot (light, and not too unwieldy on the camera).

Can't imagine using even the native GM 85 or ZA 50:)

I read somewhere that Sigma claimed they were going to design lenses specifically for the e-mount and would not be just a rehash of their existing lineup. Choice is always good. I can deal with weight if I'm shooting portraits...but for travel give me small and light.

ski542002

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2018, 09:44:10 pm »

Just trolling these threads and happened upon the Voigtlander angle.  Took delivery of my A7R3 late 12-2017.  Using the monsterously heavy 24-70 2.8.  BUT as part of my kit, I purchased the Voight 15 4.5 and the 40 1.2.  Came from Leica SL (using M lenses) and I will say without a doubt, these 2 lenses on the A7R3 transforms the camera for me into something than another AF heavyweight.  Both lenses super sharp, and the 40 shot at 1.2 is super easy to achieve accurate focus using peaking.  I need the fast and accurate AF for certain jobs, but for slow, deliberate architecture, or more esoteric environmental portraits (with the 40), there’s nothing more enjoyable.

Also purchased the A6500, making the Voigt’s a 22 mm wideangle and a 60 short tele.  Perfectly balanced camera and wonderful quality.  Super easy to manual focus.

the_luminous_french

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 12:39:45 pm »

...but for slow, deliberate architecture... for architecture i need shift...

This 40 looks really good !

Kirk_C

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 10:39:58 pm »

I've been doing a lot of research trying to decide on what E mount lenses to buy. I've also been reading about the new G5S and G9, considering them as well. In my research I was surprised when a blog post on Lens Rentals about m4/3 lens tests contained the comment;

"I maintain complete impartiality when it comes to lenses. Except I despise all things Voigtlander. Not because their lenses are bad, but because customer service is nonexistent and repairs nearly impossible to obtain, at least in the U. S.."

If there's anyone who would know about the repair issues of a Voigtlander lens it seems to me Roger Cicala would.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2018/01/finally-some-m43-mtf-testing-25mm-prime-lens-comparison/

scooby70

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 06:40:15 am »

That is worrying but at least with these manual lenses there's less to go wrong, hopefully.

I read the reviews of the Sony mount 40mm f1.2 and although I was disappointed to read that some reviewers were finding issues I bought one anyway and I'm glad I did as so far I haven't seen any issues and the lens seems just about perfect to me, as was the 25mm f0.95 I had for MFT a few years ago.

Years back for film I had a 35mm f2.5 Color Skopar and stupidly sold it and have always fancied a wide aperture compact 35mm so I've ordered a Sony mount 35mm f1.4. I just hope it's even half as good as the 40mm f1.2 or 25mm f0.95 are.

Kirk_C

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 09:13:09 pm »

I read the reviews of the Sony mount 40mm f1.2 and although I was disappointed to read that some reviewers were finding issues I bought one anyway...

It seems like sample variation is the theme these days. Some manufacturers still hand select the lenses that are sent out for review but not all do and lenses that are not typical quality end up in being reviewed.

And no doubt a manual lens should suffer fewer failures.
Pages: [1]   Go Up