Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR5.7.1 loses external hard drives in Folder section  (Read 1120 times)

BrianWoolf

LR5.7.1 loses external hard drives in Folder section
« on: February 16, 2017, 11:03:45 am »

Having this strange problem. I opened LR5 yesterday(I use it almost everyday) and was shocked to see that all my external HD's in the Folder section were missing, not there at all. The only HD connected was the main HD on my computer. Usually I see all 12 or so external HD's with the ones not connected grayed out, no green light, which is perfectly normal. I do have back ups, make them every week. My catalog file number stated that I was in the correct file number but seemed to be a saved catalog from last month??? How that happened, I have no idea. But about a month ago a similar problem happened, I found that I had a new catalog number and I have no idea where it came from. Unless I did some accidental key press combination that forced up a new catalog. For the past three years or more my catalog file number in all my back ups has been "name data 2-2-2-2.lrcat" in a dated folder, the new catalog file number was "name data 2-2-2-2-2.lrcat (five two's). This computer seems to have a mind of it's own, running on a iMac with OS 10.7.5.

Any suggestions on how to keep LR working properly would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Brian Woolf
Pages: [1]   Go Up