The version with the person for scale is not ideal. OTOH, without the scale, I don't really have the sense of how large these falls are, without supporting contextual images. So the image
as a sole image suffers a bit, IMO.
I have had the same problem (and I apologize for the following images because they were taken with a small point and shoot camera). Here is a picture of "Poll na bPeist" (the Wormhole) on the Aran Island of Inis Mor. It is a fascinating natural fault. But, because the rocks were so very slippery that day, no one could safely climb down closer to it. So it's very hard to tell that it is about 20 feet wide and 50 feet long. However, some of my other images from the area do give a general sense of scale along the coastline. I would love to go back some day and do some real photography.
The Wormhole, too, can be a dangerous place:
Student Swept Off Rocks