Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915255 times)

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: Trump II
« Reply #3620 on: June 16, 2017, 05:14:50 pm »

Forcing out a sitting president because you you don't like him and assume there are corrupt things going on although you have no proof is a terrible thing to do.

Just understand that it's not Trump's "enemies" that are going to bring this president down, it's Trump that has repeatedly engaged in self-inflicted wounds...that's what will bring him down. That's what brought down Nixon...(ironic that his good buddy Roger Stone worked for Nixon-more about that later)

The original charter for the House and Senate Intelligence committees was to investigate and report on Russia's interference in the 2016 presidential elections. The reason that the FBI started investigating Trump's campaign is that both domestic and foreign intelligence services produced indications that Trump campaign members had an unusual umber of contacts with Russians. And the Trump campaign attempted to hide those contacts...they didn't properly fill out forms and in the case of Flynn he lied to the FBI with is a crime.

Based on the actions of people around Trump the House and Senate investigations expanded from just the Russian investigation to include the Trump campaign for possible collusion. If nothing else came out I suspect that nothing would have come of it but...

Like an addict can't help taking drugs, Trump is incapable of keeping his mouth shut. Why did he try to get Comey to let Flynn go? Why did he fire Comey? Why does he keep doing interviews that contradict his own staff? And why, even given proof that his tweets come back to haunt him does he keep stirring things up?

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump  8h8 hours ago

I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director! Witch Hunt

Huh? He honestly thinks that poking a stick at Rod Rosenstein and Robert Mueller, the special counsel is a good idea?

His good buddy Roger Stone thinks Trump should fire everybody...Roger Stone to Trump: Fire Mueller and Rosenstein

In an interview with CNNMoney on Friday, Stone said that Trump should also fire Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general.

Rosenstein wrote a memo recommending the firing of FBI Director Comey, and Rosenstein later approved the appointment of a special counsel -- Mueller -- to lead the Russia probe. Trump appeared to attack Rosenstein in a furious tweet on Friday morning.

Stone, speaking at a marijuana industry conference in New York, said they should both be gone.

"I'd fire Mueller and Rosenstein for wasting the taxpayers' money," Stone said. "This is a witch hunt."

Stone's life in national politics dates to his days as a dirty-trickster for President Richard Nixon. More recently, he was an adviser to Trump's presidential campaign. He himself has been named in the Russia investigations, including as a possible link between the Trump campaign and WikiLeaks.

So, Stone was at marijuana industry conference telling Trump to fire everybody? Was he Stoned? (that was a pun...)

You can whine and complain that the "dirty leftists" are out to get Trump...in point of fact, the reality is it seems Trump is out to get Trump. He's been doing these things to himself. All he needs to do is look at what the 9th Circuit Appeals Court had to say about his tweets...he put his foot into his mouth and he's been consistently doing that since Jan 20th of this year.

If Trump does try to fire everybody, his support by the GOP, as slim as it is now, will likely disappear. Sure, Trump's "base" loves all this stuff but Trump's approval/disapproval numbers keep getting worse.

Trump is nuts...he's driving the people around him nuts...he's driving the country and perhaps the world nuts. I kinda think, for the sanity of the country, it would be good to get him some help and get him out of office.

Witch Hunt?

We found him, he's a warlock named Donald J. Trump.

DeanChriss

• http://www.dmcphoto.com
« Reply #3621 on: June 16, 2017, 08:20:32 pm »

Also remember what goes around comes around.

Which to at least some extent is what's happening now.
- Dean

Schewe

« Reply #3622 on: June 17, 2017, 01:42:41 am »

You know it's getting bad when the attorneys start hiring their own attorneys...and now the VP?

Longtime Trump attorney hires lawyer in Russia probe

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump's longtime attorney and adviser Michael Cohen has hired a lawyer to represent him in the investigations into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, Cohen told CNN on Friday.

Cohen, who serves as Trump's personal attorney, hired Stephen Ryan, a partner at the DC-based law firm McDermott, Will and Emery, to handle inquiries related to the investigations into Russian meddling in the election. News of the hire comes two weeks after Cohen was subpoenaed by the House intelligence committee as part of the committee's probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

Cohen told CNN earlier this week that he is "committed to complying with the subpoena." He has also agreed to testify before the committee September 5.

He declined to say whether he is fielding additional investigative inquiries, directing all questions on the matter to his attorney. Ryan did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Vice President Mike Pence hires outside counsel in Russia probe

Washington (CNN)Vice President Mike Pence has hired his own lawyer to represent him in the special counsel investigation and congressional inquiries into Russia's role in the 2016 election.

The lawyer, Richard Cullen, is a former Virginia attorney general and a former US attorney for the eastern district of Virginia. Pence interviewed several lawyers before selecting Cullen, who is based in Richmond.

The decision to hire Cullen has been in the works for weeks, aides to the vice president said. It follows President Donald Trump's decision to assemble a team of outside lawyers to represent him through the Justice Department special counsel's investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election.

"The vice president is focused entirely on his duties and promoting the President's agenda and looks forward to a swift conclusion of this matter," Jarrod Agen, the vice president's communications director, said Thursday night in a statement.

--snip--

How he'll pay

So how is the vice president going to pay for his new personal lawyer?

A Pence adviser told CNN the legal fees will be paid through "non-taxpayer funds." The adviser declined to elaborate whether it would come out of Pence's pocket -- doubtful, given his modest net worth -- or a campaign fund of some kind.

Schewe

« Reply #3623 on: June 17, 2017, 02:48:47 pm »

And now he's yelling at the TVs in the White House...prolly good he went to Camp David. Hope the staff there tells him they don't have TVs there...

Donald Trump 'yells at TVs in the White House' about Russia investigation

Confidantes say the US President is furious about the press coverage

Donald Trump has reportedly been yelling at TV sets in the White House as he becomes "increasingly angry" about an investigation into alleged Russian meddling in the US presidential election. The US leader thinks he is the victim of a conspiracy aimed at discrediting his leadership and ending his time in the White House, according to the Associated Press. Confidants and advisers close to Mr Trump said his fury was mounting at the probe and he had been yelling at TV sets about its press coverage.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #3624 on: June 17, 2017, 03:07:43 pm »

I've said this before, but in general it astonishes me when politicians get angry at the press, and go public with their anger. It's almost as if they think that the press is part of their marketing department. Why would they think that? Where have they been all their lives?

Former prime minister Harper here in Canada behaved this way, was well-known for his anti-media bias, and fought it by being an utter control freak trying to "control the message" to an absurd degree. The non-answers of his cabinet ministers and himself to questions, the rare times they faced public questions, became the butt of comedic satire. Do these clowns really think they can snow people these days?

For myself, when I hear politicians criticize media, especially when they call it biased, well, it makes me take more notice of that media, because I just assume that the politicians behave this way because the media is doing a good job. It may be perverse of me, but there you go.

The thing is that I have myself gotten emotional over crap on TV myself, and fully understand it happening to Trump too, nothing mysterious about getting angry. The thing is how did this behaviour become the story? Doesn't the guy have the sense yet to shut up in public? I guess if you're a CEO, you get used to everyone around you hopping when you say jump, but did he really think that running the country was like running a company? Those guys who didn't like you before the election, they will still be there after the election. Who doesn't know this.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3625 on: June 17, 2017, 03:10:07 pm »

Jeff;  Why do you always pick pictures of Trump that are ugly.  So here's one of him and his family that's a little more pleasing.  At least we don't have to look at Hillary for 4 years. :)
http://s3.india.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/034.jpg

Schewe

« Reply #3626 on: June 17, 2017, 05:24:21 pm »

Jeff;  Why do you always pick pictures of Trump that are ugly.

Kinda creepy that you picked one showing a shot of the First Lady in lingerie...

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3627 on: June 17, 2017, 06:17:25 pm »

Kinda creepy that you picked one showing a shot of the First Lady in lingerie...

You don't know what's creepy until you saw Hillary in lingerie... it gave Bill a heart attack ;)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3628 on: June 17, 2017, 09:11:16 pm »

Well, maybe now that Melania is with Donald in Washington, he'll have other things to do beside tweet. ;)

Schewe

« Reply #3629 on: June 18, 2017, 12:41:44 am »

From a not left wing media Foreign Policy (Least Biased)

Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President

“You know, I’m, like, a smart person.” Uh huh.

I’m starting to suspect that Donald Trump may not have been right when he said, “You know, I’m like a smart person.” The evidence continues to mount that he is far from smart — so far, in fact, that he may not be capable of carrying out his duties as president.

There is, for example, the story of how Trump met with the pastors of two major Presbyterian churches in New York. “I did very, very well with evangelicals in the polls,” he bragged. When the pastors told Trump they weren’t evangelicals, he demanded to know, “What are you then?” They told him they were mainline Presbyterians. “But you’re all Christians?” he asked. Yes, they had to assure him, Presbyterians are Christians. The kicker: Trump himself is Presbyterian.

Or the story of how Trump asked the editors of the Economist whether they had ever heard of the phrase “priming the pump.” Yes, they assured him, they had. “I haven’t heard it,” Trump continued. “I mean, I just … I came up with it a couple of days ago, and I thought it was good.” The phrase has been in widespread use since at least the 1930s.

Or the story of how, after arriving in Israel from Saudi Arabia, Trump told his hosts, “We just got back from the Middle East.”

These aren’t examples of stupidity, you may object, but of ignorance. This has become a favorite talking point of Trump’s enablers. House Speaker Paul Ryan, for example, excused Trump’s attempts to pressure FBI Director James Comey into dropping a criminal investigation of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn on the grounds that “the president’s new at this” and supposedly didn’t realize that he was doing anything wrong. But Trump has been president for nearly five months now, and he has shown no capacity to learn on the job.

More broadly, Trump has had a lifetime — 71 years — and access to America’s finest educational institutions (he’s a graduate of the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School, he never tires of reminding us) to learn things. And yet he doesn’t seem to have acquired even the most basic information that a high school student should possess. Recall that Trump said that Frederick Douglass, who died in 1895, was “an example of somebody who’s done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more.” He also claimed that Andrew Jackson, who died 16 years before the Civil War, “was really angry that he saw what was happening in regard to the Civil War.”

Why does he know so little? Because he doesn’t read books or even long articles. “I never have,” he proudly told a reporter last year. “I’m always busy doing a lot.” As president, Trump’s intelligence briefings have been dumbed down, denuded of nuance, and larded with maps and pictures because he can’t be bothered to read a lot of words. He’d rather play golf.

There, is that photo better?

mecrox

• My Online Portfolio
« Reply #3630 on: June 18, 2017, 08:17:53 am »

From a not left wing media Foreign Policy (Least Biased)

Donald Trump Is Proving Too Stupid to Be President

There, is that photo better?

If actually true then only two options. One is to hand day-to-day affairs to a core of very capable people - that is, very astute delegation. This would be the Reagan option and so far as we know it did work, in fact it worked well even when in retrospect Reagan was starting to lose his battle with Alzheimer's. The other is to go. Can't see how a vast and highly complex organisation - modern government - can be run on these lines. The risk of some ill-considered foreign escapade involving destructive firepower is pretty high.
Mark @ Flickr

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3631 on: June 18, 2017, 08:54:08 am »

If actually true then only two options. One is to hand day-to-day affairs to a core of very capable people - that is, very astute delegation. This would be the Reagan option and so far as we know it did work, in fact it worked well even when in retrospect Reagan was starting to lose his battle with Alzheimer's. The other is to go. Can't see how a vast and highly complex organisation - modern government - can be run on these lines. The risk of some ill-considered foreign escapade involving destructive firepower is pretty high.
For all of Obama's brilliance, his foreign policy decisions were a disaster.  He was busy trying to be president of the world instead of president of America.  He was more interested in being liked by everyone, more concerned about his "legacy"  than doing what had to be done for the USA.  He didn't know how to execute.  Just talked a lot.  He created more problems for the world and for America.  His domestic policies divided America rather than united us.  Of course he had the support of a liberal press, so he was more Teflon than Reagan. 

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3632 on: June 18, 2017, 09:52:58 am »

He created more problems for the world and for America. 
Really? I think your current president is creating an order of magnitude more with his erratic behaviour.
pieter, aka pegelli

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3633 on: June 18, 2017, 10:24:27 am »

For all of Obama's brilliance, his foreign policy decisions were a disaster.  He was busy trying to be president of the world instead of president of America.  He was more interested in being liked by everyone, more concerned about his "legacy"  than doing what had to be done for the USA.  He didn't know how to execute.  Just talked a lot.  He created more problems for the world and for America.  His domestic policies divided America rather than united us.  Of course he had the support of a liberal press, so he was more Teflon than Reagan.

Every time someone points out Trump's real, demonstrable, visible deficiencies, Alan responds with the same old opinions about Obama.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3634 on: June 18, 2017, 10:29:04 am »

Obama: "red line" failure in Syria caused total civil war, Russian intervention, major deaths and refugee crisis into your  country and the rest of Europe causing Muslim conflicts there.  He did nothing with Russia hence Crimea, Georgia, Ukraine.  Then there was pulling out of Iraq in 2011 which created ISIS.  He removed our fleet in the South China Sea allowing China to militarize all those islands there between 2012-2015.  The Iran deal was just for his "legacy".  He gave away too much and Iran will have the bomb in less than ten years.  His (and Hillary's) encouragement to have Khadaffi killed cause Lybia to descend into a failed state that has terrorists there galore.  Should I go on? 

Trump has been President 4 months.  Yet, he's strengthened our position in the Pacific again so our allies are returning to the foal and China seems to be helping with North Korea.  We'll see how that works.  He's recommited to NATO while pushing for more European spending for their own defenses which should take the burden off of America.  (He works for us, remember, not you.)  His bombing of Syrian air base shows he means business  The world's adversaries are now on notice and are less likely to test America or our Allies.  He's pulled out of Cuba agreement, a disaster for the Cubans.  You can disagree, but that was his platform while running.  He keeps his word.  He's re-established strong ties with Israel and our Arab friends in the Middle East.  They were drifting away under Obama.  Iran is nervous under him.  They didn't fear Obama at all. 

It's only the middle of June.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:33:50 am by Alan Klein »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3635 on: June 18, 2017, 10:30:11 am »

Every time someone points out Trump's real, demonstrable, visible deficiencies, Alan responds with the same old opinions about Obama.

Read my last post.

Schewe

« Reply #3636 on: June 18, 2017, 10:47:59 am »

Trump has been President 4 months.
--snip--

It's June and his presidecy by any true measure (not the fake bravado of supporters) has been and continues to be an unmitigated disaster...with every indication he's about to completely melt down. Yelling at TVs? Tweeting to vent? His attorneys must have brain damage from all the head slaps they've been giving themselves. The GOP is shell shocked and Trumps approval ratings  are historically bad.

You keek telling yourself you're not in deep doodoo but if he rest of the world is laughing, we all should be worried.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #3637 on: June 18, 2017, 11:24:26 am »

Trump has been President 4 months.  Yet, he's strengthened our position in the Pacific again so our allies are returning to the foal and China seems to be helping with North Korea.  We'll see how that works.  He's recommited to NATO while pushing for more European spending for their own defenses which should take the burden off of America.  (He works for us, remember, not you.)  His bombing of Syrian air base shows he means business  The world's adversaries are now on notice and are less likely to test America or our Allies.  He's pulled out of Cuba agreement, a disaster for the Cubans.  You can disagree, but that was his platform while running.  He keeps his word.  He's re-established strong ties with Israel and our Arab friends in the Middle East.  They were drifting away under Obama.  Iran is nervous under him.  They didn't fear Obama at all. 

Are these achievements? They may sound like that to you but to me they're just a list of policy failures and bad choices.

And his list of failed promises and initiatives is even larger (on some of them I think that's a positive)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:19:45 pm by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #3638 on: June 18, 2017, 01:08:40 pm »

Obama: "red line" failure in Syria caused total civil war, Russian intervention, major deaths and refugee crisis into your  country and the rest of Europe causing Muslim conflicts there. He did nothing with Russia hence Crimea, Georgia, Ukraine. Then there was pulling out of Iraq in 2011 which created ISIS.  He removed our fleet in the South China Sea allowing China to militarize all those islands there between 2012-2015.  The Iran deal was just for his "legacy".  He gave away too much and Iran will have the bomb in less than ten years.  His (and Hillary's) encouragement to have Khadaffi killed cause Lybia to descend into a failed state that has terrorists there galore.  Should I go on?

So totally beside the truth, everything, I wouldn't know where to start, and even then it's probably a waste of my time. This morning I read an interesting article in a local newspaper that tried to explain why Trump voters keep defending him, despite logic telling them that it will even hurt their cause (lower income, more cost, higher taxes, and more violent division in society). Logic and knowledge have nothing to do with it anymore, feelings are dominant, even if people know better than to hurt themselves.

It's not a new phenomenon, we have a similar group of voters in my country. They too, contribute very little positive to society.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #3639 on: June 18, 2017, 02:39:06 pm »

Trump has been President 4 months. 
And already allienated the whole world against himself and USA.

Chancellor Angela Merkel said Europe must take control of its fate, because they can't rely anymore on USA. This will be a busy and eventful week for Europe.
On Monday, they will start the Brexit negotiations and on Thursday and Friday the European heads of the states will convene at the EU summit in Brussels.

Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 331   Go Up