Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 331   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump II  (Read 915272 times)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
Re: Trump II
« Reply #6380 on: September 22, 2017, 07:57:37 pm »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #6381 on: September 22, 2017, 09:28:17 pm »

Let me repeat myself, I had absolutely no problems whatsoever in getting health insurance prior to the ACA.

What state were you in and how old were you when buying that pre-ACA insurance?

Farmer

« Reply #6382 on: September 22, 2017, 09:54:34 pm »

Individual idiots is one thing, but imams going on tv to advise how to do it "lightly" is quite a different thing. You can't possibly compare contemporary Christian treatment of women with contemporary Muslim one.

That link wasn't about an individual - it was about an entire Christian church.
Phil Brown

Schewe

« Reply #6383 on: September 23, 2017, 12:57:11 am »

Meanwhile, Trump is back to his funny business...

Trump Says ‘Fake News’ Won’t Show Crowd Size As CNN Shows Crowd Size

“Fake news. They won’t show this,” the president says as CNN airs a split screen to include the audience.

President Donald Trump did what he usually does and attacked the so-called “fake news” during his speech at a campaign rally for Republican Sen. Luther Strange in Alabama on Friday night.

While hurling insults at his enemies in the press, Trump claimed that the news cameras posted at the back of the rally wouldn’t show the size of his crowd and would air only cropped footage of Trump standing at the lectern.

“Fake news. They won’t show this,” the president said. Then, after mocking news reporters, Trump pointed to the cameras and said, “Look at the crowd. I’d love to have them show it, but they won’t show it!”

The president made these remarks while many people were at home looking at the crowd as Trump made his speech on CNN, a news organization Trump has repeatedly insulted as “fake news.”

The irony was not lost on many people.

Daniel W. Drezner  ✔ @dandrezner
"They won't show this," Trump says, which I know because I'm watching CNN.
7:32 PM - Sep 22, 2017

Jim Dalrymple II  ✔ @JimDalrympleII
Trump says the fake news media won't show the crowd at his rally — while CNN is literally running a split screen of the crowd.
7:31 PM - Sep 22, 2017

I have long since stopped thinking this is funny...it's sad!

Schewe

« Reply #6384 on: September 23, 2017, 01:19:12 am »

BTW, I love how you conveniently left out the rest of my paragraph, "Additionally, the insurance I had then was cheaper, had lower deductibles and better coverage then what I have now, unless you count the free yearly prostate exams or colon screenings or (my favorite) maternity care I am now offered."

I was only curious about where you were when you bought your pre-ACA insurance and your age. Why? Because when I bought healthcare insurance prior to ACA, I had a high deductible, a lifetime cap and was locked into a specific BCBS plan that kept getting more and more expensive because I couldn't change plans due to preexisting conditions. So, when we bought the first ACA plan the price was about 1/2, preexisting conditions didn't matter and there was no life time cap.

So, sorry if you didn't like your ACA plan, I liked mine. I'm just hoping the GOP/Trump doesn't screwup the entire healthcare insurance industry before I turn 65 and can get Medicare.

Schewe

« Reply #6385 on: September 23, 2017, 01:29:36 am »

I really admire John McCain for standing up to the GOP/Trump to try to force an eventual bipartisan health insurance redo..

Why John McCain Killed Obamacare Repeal—Again

McCain’s disdain for Donald Trump—and support for a bipartisan legislative process—prompted him
to deliver a likely fatal blow to the most radical Obamacare repeal-and-replace effort.

John McCain’s disdain for Donald Trump was stronger than his love of Lindsey Graham. That’s at least one sensible conclusion after the Arizona senator today came out against the Graham-Cassidy bill, the third serious attempt by Republicans this year to replace the Affordable Care Act with a new system. It’s also likely the last attempt for this Congress. The budget vehicle that Republicans planned to use to pass the bill—in order to circumvent a Senate filibuster—will expire on September 30th. Their long-standing plan has been to use the next budget vehicle to pass tax reform. Senator Rand Paul was already firmly against Graham-Cassidy, and Susan Collins said she was leaning toward a no vote, leaving the G.O.P., which has fifty-two senators, with room for just one more defection if it relied on Mike Pence to break a tie. Unlike last time, when McCain delivered the blow to Trump with a dramatic thumbs-down on the Senate floor, this time he sent out a press release.

Here's a link to McCains Press Release: SENATOR JOHN McCAIN ON HEALTH CARE REFORM

"As I have repeatedly stressed, health care reform legislation ought to be the product of regular order in the Senate. Committees of jurisdiction should mark up legislation with input from all committee members, and send their bill to the floor for debate and amendment. That is the only way we might achieve bipartisan consensus on lasting reform, without which a policy that affects one-fifth of our economy and every single American family will be subject to reversal with every change of administration and congressional majority."

I am actually looking forward to CNN's Town hall debate on Mon nite.

CNN to host town hall debate Monday with Graham, Cassidy, Sanders and Klobuchar

(CNN)CNN will host a town hall with Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham and Bill Cassidy, who will be debating health care with Sens. Bernie Sanders and Amy Klobuchar on Monday, September 25 at 9 p.m. ET.

CNN anchor Jake Tapper and chief political correspondent Dana Bash will moderate the 90-minute live event from Washington.

Although I hope it will be a moot point by then...

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
« Reply #6386 on: September 23, 2017, 02:05:22 am »

Yeah but there are other advantages of paying more.  When the American comes home with his expensive, electronic,  titanium false leg and makes love to his wife, she admiringly comments, "Wow. You're better than ever."

Meanwhile across the pond, the Brit comes home, unscrews and removes his peg leg, makes love to his wife, and she complains, "Nah. Something's missing.  You were better before."  Feeling insulted, the Brit then commences to beat his wife with his leg.
It's always good to laugh your problems away ;)  Much more fun then the usual ostrich tactics.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 02:10:26 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6387 on: September 23, 2017, 05:49:46 am »

Meanwhile, Trump is back to his funny business...

Trump Says ‘Fake News’ Won’t Show Crowd Size As CNN Shows Crowd Size

“Fake news. They won’t show this,” the president says as CNN airs a split screen to include the audience.

I have long since stopped thinking this is funny...it's sad!
So Trump finally embarrassed CNN to show the crowds he draws.  After two years of CNN hiding those images, it's about time they did it. 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6388 on: September 23, 2017, 05:52:44 am »

It's always good to laugh your problems away ;)  Much more fun then the usual ostrich tactics.
I try to add a little humor.  Life's too short.  Anyway, after 320 pages no one's changed anyone's mind. Basically, we're all talking to ourselves.  :)

texshooter

« Reply #6389 on: September 23, 2017, 06:10:13 am »

Speaking of male chivalry...

Uber is now banned in London.

Why can't Uber find enough refugee drivers who don't rape their female passengers?  Europe's idea of cultural enrichment I suppose.

http://freewestmedia.com/2017/09/23/london-shuts-down-uber-after-unreported-rapes-by-migrant-drivers/
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 12:45:18 pm by texshooter »

pegelli

« Reply #6390 on: September 23, 2017, 06:29:08 am »

pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6391 on: September 23, 2017, 07:13:34 am »

Mainly in the US? ;)
Oh that reminds me.  Burial costs here in America are exorbitant. Undertakers haven't figured yet how they can get rebates from the government to their customers to subsidize burial costs.  I mean, after all, not everyone needs a lot of health care insurance because they stay healthy.  But everyone dies! :)

pegelli

« Reply #6392 on: September 23, 2017, 07:38:21 am »

Oh that reminds me.  Burial costs here in America are exorbitant. Undertakers haven't figured yet how they can get rebates from the government to their customers to subsidize burial costs.  I mean, after all, not everyone needs a lot of health care insurance because they stay healthy.  But everyone dies! :)
You are peddling for government subsidies? You disappoint me Alan ;)

Btw, where I live the burial plot cost are in line with a reasonable rent for the 2-3 m2 of area you occupy and needs to be paid up periodically. If you can't or won't pay up your plot is cleared and given to a new (dead) occupant. No subsidy or shady discounts involved.
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6393 on: September 23, 2017, 07:44:30 am »

You are peddling for government subsidies? You disappoint me Alan ;)

Btw, where I live the burial plot cost are in line with a reasonable rent for the 2-3 m2 of area you occupy and needs to be paid up periodically. If you can't or won't pay up your plot is cleared and given to a new (dead) occupant. No subsidy or shady discounts involved.

So if you fail to pay up for the plot, and they give it to a richer corpse, what happens to your body. :)

pegelli

« Reply #6394 on: September 23, 2017, 07:47:49 am »

So if you fail to pay up for the plot, and they give it to a richer corpse, what happens to your body. :)
They don't give it to a richer corpse, they give to a corpse willing to pay  :P

The remains of your body are "disposed" (probably burned)
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6395 on: September 23, 2017, 08:29:13 am »

They don't give it to a richer corpse, they give to a corpse willing to pay  :P

The remains of your body are "disposed" (probably burned)
Wow.  They burn your body.  Do you have to pay after your dead or are the payments only before you die?

This reminds me of our dog who died a few years ago.  My wife insisted that he be buried in a pet cemetery.  Well, I wanted to also.  We were both softies for our dog Buddy, a mini Poodle.  Anyway, it was a lot of money to bury him plus we even got a headstone. People thought we were nuts.  Then the following year, when the cemetery sent a notice for annual maintenance care to be paid for the year or in perpetuity.  That's when we learned that if you don't pay the annual fees which would stop once we died, after five years they dig up the dog, cremate it and spread the ashes around the cemetery.  Yikes.  My wife was bereft and I had to spend $2000 to buy perpetual care to avoid this scenario.  What a rip-off.   

pegelli

« Reply #6396 on: September 23, 2017, 08:40:56 am »

Wow.  They burn your body.  Do you have to pay after your dead or are the payments only before you die?
Paying after death is a bit problematic, not everybody sets up a trust to handle that. So it's ususally your family that does (or doesn't) pay the additional rent for the following 5-10 years after your initial time is up.

But the principle is simple, pay rent and your body will stay in place, stop paying rent and you have to go (dead or alive ;)). Seems a fair principle to me.
Perpetual schemes don't exist, or maybe to be more accurate, no longer exist. They existed in the past but new legislation put an end to that (and an end to the perpetuity).
Makes a lot of sense to me, why keep a grave of someone who died 100 years ago and nobody knows anymore, and if it's someone who's decendents still want to keep the grave they will have to pay the rent.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 08:48:22 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #6397 on: September 23, 2017, 09:09:07 am »

Having respect for the dead even if they're not our relatives makes us more caring humans.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #6398 on: September 23, 2017, 09:17:23 am »

Having respect for the dead even if they're not our relatives makes us more caring humans.

That's probably not untrue, but it's relatively easy to have respect for dead people, isn't it? It would be more useful if we cared for people while they were alive.
--
Robert

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
« Reply #6399 on: September 23, 2017, 09:19:11 am »

Well then, my recommendation to you is to stop using your children to justify keeping the ACA since neither has any 1st hand experience in how easy it was to buy insurance as a freelancer prior to the law going into effect.  Considering this, using them as a justification for the ACA makes no sense, especially since many freelancers, myself included, easily bought health coverage prior to the ACA. 

Furthermore, you should also stop using the increase in freelancers as a reason to keep the ACA since those freelancers you know have never tried to acquired coverage prior to the ACA. 
I don't give a darn what your thoughts are about the ACA.  My only point is that it is a critical resources for those who are working as contractors and not eligible for employer paid insurance.  It is particularly valuable for women as they are not discriminated against as they were pre-ACA (higher premiums and restricted benefits).  If you don't like how this evolved, that's fine you are entitled to your opinion.  Maybe you don't have children who are of working age and are female; I do and for me the ACA has been important to the lives of my two daughters.  Both are now working for employers who provide insurance; one is a music therapist at a well respected children's hospital affiliated with a top ten medical school and the other is a special education teacher for grades 3-5 at a public elementary school. 
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 331   Go Up