Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sony Cledis  (Read 1402 times)

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Sony Cledis
« on: February 02, 2017, 06:21:55 pm »

I don't know where to post this... but I was at the Sony headquarters this week in Tokyo and had the chance to see in the flesh a 5m wide Cledis screen for real...

https://www.sony.co.uk/pro/products/solutions-cledis-display-technology

This thing is simply mind blowing. Some may remember that I wrote a few years back an essay about the end of print. Well... this is probably it.

The price tag is unclear, probably extremely high, but the visual impact of these huge panoramic, super high resolution, screens is extremely impressive!

Not for home use obviously, but for a museum, the potential is incredible.

Cheers,
Bernard

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Sony Cledis
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 09:22:39 pm »

wow.  looks pretty impressive.  Amazing how they can scale it with multiple panels and no visible seams.

Not sure they are economically viable for many in place of prints, but certainly will find use in some amazing settings like the pictures on the link.  Would love to see it in person.then again, like many things electronic the price may drop dramatically in time.

razrblck

• Chill
    • Instagram
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 10:53:28 am »

This could replace screen projection in cinemas (which are now mostly still stuck with digital technology from 2009 after Avatar forced them to invest big time in ultra expensive equipment they are still paying for).
Instagram (updated often)

davidgp

• davidgp fotografia
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 04:46:12 am »

Looks really interesting... But, two fans per each tile... I hope they are not too loud...

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

landscapephoto

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 05:31:50 am »

On a tangent: at the lastest Photokina, Canon presented an 8K system. The 8K screens have a resolution of 7680×4320 or 32 millions pixels. They look better than prints.
Pages: [1]   Go Up