Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone know if the Epson SC P5000 will have pinwheels / pizzawheels ?  (Read 1513 times)

1erCru

I've had issues with these marks for years and this continued on three P800's and also a Canon Pro 1000 ( less of a problem but occurred on some of the thicker papers ).

I've heard that the P5000 will not have any pinwheels at all in the machine and am looking to verify as to whether this is true.

Thanks

Mark D Segal

• Contributor
    • http://www.markdsegal.com

We're hoping to get a unit to review once they become available to reviewers. We'll check on that issue when feasible.

I've never seen wheel marks from a Canon Pro-1000. I checked through all the places I could observe with a high-powered flashlight and could not see any paper feed components that would leave pizza-wheel marks; but I can't see everything because much of the mechanism is inaccessible. As well, this printer uses a vacuum suction to stabilize the paper. How are you loading heavy papers? You should be using the rear manual feed slot and not the top sheet feeder.
Mark D Segal (formerly MarkDS)
Author: "Scanning Workflows with SilverFast 8....."

1erCru

I actually ended up sending prints to Canon with the issue. It occurred across two printers. Most prevalent on Pro Platinum. It occurred on every single P800 print in areas of darker continuous tone. The Pro 1000 the issue wasn't nearly as pronounced but papers like Red River Palo Duro Softgloss Rag and gold fiber silk were unuseable for certain images.

Yep , the manual feeder was used. It makes me think it's an environmental issue on my end. The humidity is right in the middle of the recommended range though.

I actually called Epson regarding the P5000 and they said there were no pinwheels in the machine at all. I was just looking for verification. Thanks for the response
Pages: [1]   Go Up