Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The United State of Americans Project  (Read 1637 times)

amolitor

• Contributor
The United State of Americans Project
« on: January 27, 2017, 01:36:21 pm »

For several reasons, all of which still stand, I have stepped away from the forums here. I still look in from time to time, though.

I am unbending my stiff, arrogant, neck sufficiently to post now because I think it's important enough. I've started a project entitled The United State of Americans because I am sick and tired of the bickering and name calling. Liberals calling Trump voters idiots and nazis, and the other way around. It sucks and it's horrible. It's not the country I know, and I want to do something about it.

The project is here: The United State of Americans. The "Manifesto" page is pretty clear, I think. The general idea is this:

We're all a lot more alike than we are different. We basically all just want to know that we're going to be OK, we're going to be warm and dry tonight, that our friends, kids, family, will be OK. Two rational people, given the same information, can arrive at opposite conclusions, and in the USA we're allowed to do that. This country is practically built on the idea that we're allowed to do that.

So I'm actively seeking photographs that illustrate this point. Portraits of people across the political spectrum, perhaps. People of different races, colors, creeds, and political leanings actually getting along. I'll be posting more pictures of people with protest/political signs with the words erased (and revealed below the jump). I'm shooting as much as I can, but I can't travel across the country and get the breadth that I want.

This is officially a call for submissions. I live on the left coast, so finding liberals is pretty easy. There are people around who lean right, but they are naturally a bit standoffish. So, I'm especially looking for pictures of people that voted, or might have voted, the other way, to show some balance. People outside the USA are welcome to submit as well -- perhaps you met some American Tourists who surprised you, or perhaps you'll meet some tomorrow.

No judgement. I have opinions, but I am not sharing them. That's the point after all. If we set aside our votes and a few trivialities, you and I are the same.

Right?

Got any pictures that would suit? Drop me a note. The details are all there on the site, I think. There's no money in it, and not much glory. But maybe you can make things a tiny bit better.

(This is, ultimately, an ART project, which is why it's posted here. If the moderation staff feel that it's too political after all, you are of course free to edit or remove this, no hard feelings)

Andrew
Pages: [1]   Go Up