Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colour or B&W  (Read 1011 times)

drmike

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
    • On Flickr:
Colour or B&W
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:28:27 am »

Colour or B&W or trash :)





Mike
Logged

Jeremy Roussak

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9263
    • site
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 04:14:25 am »

Monochrome, I think, although I'm less than entirely sure I'd want to look at either for long. Sorry.

Jeremy
Logged

drmike

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
    • On Flickr:
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 04:57:22 am »

Thanks. I realise that these are not to everyone's taste and that my own feelings are coloured by my joy at seeing the shot intuitively yesterday. There's someone famous who says don't look at your images for months and he's probably right.
Logged

dlcox

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 7
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 10:13:37 am »

Color,

but I become interested to see more to the right.  Anyway I think that is the stronger side.

Haveing the tire track more off center might have advantages.

Bruce, not my brother David
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 10:17:00 am by dlcox »
Logged

drmike

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
    • On Flickr:
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 10:30:39 am »

There wasn't much more to the right and it would have introduced more plain tarmac and lost the puddle to the left. Can't go back as the water was evaporating quickly :)
Logged

luxborealis

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 2809
    • luxBorealis.com - photography by Terry McDonald
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 11:10:43 am »

Both - but for different reasons and uses.

Colour: The tire mark on the green seems to "say" something about green politics being run over. I say that because, to me, the green-painted asphalt pavement is indicative of a bike lane. But to others, it might mean something totally different.

B&W neutralizes the "green" ideas. The photograph becomes an interesting study in textures and lines devoid of a political context.
Logged
Terry McDonald - luxBorealis.com

Eric Myrvaagnes

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 22813
  • http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 11:14:18 am »

I go along with Terry on this.
I have even thought of possibly replacing the green by another color so as to make a different comment.

I like the whimsical aspect of both versions. But then I often like weird stuff.   ;)
Logged
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

drmike

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 988
    • On Flickr:
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:18 pm »

No political comment intended just play of texture, light, colour etc.
Logged

GrahamBy

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1813
    • Some of my photos
Re: Colour or B&W
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2017, 03:05:29 am »

I like them both.. b&w feels more dramatic but the colour intrigues more.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up