Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX launched  (Read 6658 times)

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Fuji GFX launched
« on: January 19, 2017, 12:59:29 am »

Hi,

http://www.fujifilm.com/news/n170119_01.html

Nothing really new, but lens diagrams for the first three lenses posted.
  • EFCS and ES confirmed
    Lenses designed for 100 MP. (I am pretty sure that it would be future generation 44x33 mm sensor)
    There is an adapter for HC-lenses
    There is a view camera adapter, so the GFX can be used as a digital back.
    The standard lens has an interesting optical configuration, essentially a double Gauss with a three lens optical group behind.
Best regards
Erik
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

jkhansen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 02:02:07 am »

Do we think Fuji will release on schedule? Having sold my system to buy the elusive X1D, I'm tempted to try and get my deposit back to go for this instead. At least they've committed to a wider range of lenses and gave themselves a reasonable window from announcement to delivery.
Logged

BernardLanguillier

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 13980
    • http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 02:08:05 am »

And the EVF appears to be 3.69 mdots.

Cheers,
Bernard

p.s.: the excitement for this new camera took me out of my cave... ;)

ErikKaffehr

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11311
    • Echophoto
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 02:28:38 am »

Wellcome back!

Cheers,
Erik

And the EVF appears to be 3.69 mdots.

Cheers,
Bernard

p.s.: the excitement for this new camera took me out of my cave... ;)
Logged
Erik Kaffehr
 

Christopher

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1499
    • http://www.hauser-photoart.com
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 02:59:46 am »

I already talked to my dealer to try one. Even to try both for a weekend. (X1D and GFX).

I think that the results will be interesting but my guess is that the X1D is sexier and smaller, but when it comes to performance the GFX just offers so much more.

We will se but very exciutimes!

Oh welcome back Bernard!


Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Logged
Christopher Hauser
[email=chris@hauser-p

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 03:46:50 am »

Does anyone know how, with the GFX, we would get a remote shutter release working?
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

john beardsworth

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4756
    • My photography site
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 04:07:10 am »

Does anyone know how, with the GFX, we would get a remote shutter release working?

Did you notice that it has wifi? So at the very least it'll probably work with the Fuji app.
Logged

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:37 am »

Thanks.

Here is a good writeup on the camera or interesting at least.

https://jonasraskphotography.com/2017/01/19/the-fujifilm-gfx-50s-review-portable-beast/
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

john beardsworth

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4756
    • My photography site
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 04:25:13 am »

That article had been referenced in the review I was reading http://www.morethanwords.be/blog//the-fujifilm-gfx-files-part-1-review
Logged

Kevin Raber

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1339
  • Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 06:15:47 am »

I'm heading to the NYC Launch event today.  I'll have a lot to say about this camera and the 100F soon.  Hopefully, we'll get a review unit soon too. As you know we have been following the GFX for a while. Things are going to get interesting.
Logged
Kevin Raber
[email protected]
[email protected]
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com

Bart_van_der_Wolf

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8919
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 06:40:33 am »

I'm heading to the NYC Launch event today.  I'll have a lot to say about this camera and the 100F soon.  Hopefully, we'll get a review unit soon too. As you know we have been following the GFX for a while. Things are going to get interesting.

Yes, interesting times indeed. It's a pity for Hasselblad that they did part of the groundwork for Fuji, raising interest for mirrorless MF, and now face difficulty delivering themselves. But such is life.

One can only hope that both (before Phase One joins the pack) expand the lens lineup for those who consider investing in a new platform. Lens quality (also resistance to veiling glare) remains an important factor, and one can only hope that the Bokeh (quality of OOF areas) is very pleasing as well. This is where competition benefits the end-users, options to choose from, and a challenge for manufacturers to improve the offering.

Cheers,
Bart
Logged
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Paul2660

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4079
    • Photos of Arkansas
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2017, 06:46:46 am »

Actually Fuji was laying the ground work on the GFX long  before Hasselblads anno.

Kudos to Fuji $8995 for camera zoom and spare battery.

Hopefully Fuji did a bit more homework on supply chain economics and ship this product sooner than the 500EX flash.

Paul Caldwell
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 07:27:33 am by Paul2660 »
Logged
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

kers

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4602
    • Pieter Kers
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2017, 06:46:56 am »

... It's a pity for Hasselblad that they did part of the groundwork for Fuji, raising interest for mirrorless MF, and now face difficulty delivering themselves. But such is life. ...
Cheers,
Bart

You  cannot develop such a system in half a year... or a year... Both H an F have been busy with it since some years at least.
Fuji has much more experience developing a mirrorless system and as it seems can do a better offer at a lower price.
The only thing it apparently lacks is flash sync shorter than 1/125s - they could probably fix that with some dedicated lenses
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:03:15 am by kers »
Logged

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2017, 06:52:56 am »

I'm heading to the NYC Launch event today.  I'll have a lot to say about this camera and the 100F soon.  Hopefully, we'll get a review unit soon too. As you know we have been following the GFX for a while. Things are going to get interesting.

Someone pointed out that there is an input jack for something like a remote. It was unclear. Perhaps you can clear that up for us. I need a remote trigger for the work I do.
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2017, 07:02:10 am »

Also, comments by Alan7140 on Fotozones at this link were sobering as regards the choice between the X1D and the GFX:

http://www.fotozones.com/live/index.php?/forums/topic/61894-fuji-gfx-price/

Since they don't number their comments, the comment (the last as of this writing) starts with:

"Again, but so close to release that it's probably correct...."

It suggests that Hasselblad knew exactly what they were doing when they announced earlier than they should have, perhaps fearing that Fuji (which they knew was working on the GFX) was coming soon. Right now I have both cameras on order, but I will be canceling one, probably the X1D. I love the haptics and the form-factor, but I don't need the leaf-shutter and I like the retina-grade LCD on the GFX, the movable LCD, since I shoot all in LiveView, not to mention the stronger battery, eventual adapter for Nikon, etc.
 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 09:20:20 am by Michael Erlewine »
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

Paul2660

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4079
    • Photos of Arkansas
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 07:29:40 am »

Someone pointed out that there is an input jack for something like a remote. It was unclear. Perhaps you can clear that up for us. I need a remote trigger for the work I do.

In the past, Fuji has allowed remote support either through the mic port (programed to almost all remotes out there) or the USB3 port.  The remote for the USB3 port is actually USB2 and takes the larger of the two ports from the USB3.  I am hoping this will be the case also with the GFX as I would want intervalometer support.

Paul Caldwell
Logged
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

cgarnerhome

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 242
    • cgarnerphoto
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2017, 09:22:28 am »

This is getting really interesting.  I do have an X1D on order but I'm beginning to reconsider my decision for many reasons.  Maybe the most important is to take a breath and step back to see where the dust settles.  There are too many unknowns to make a commitment at this stage and with my confidence shaken with Hasselblad I may opt to sit on the sideline for awhile. 

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2017, 09:30:25 am »

And just for a touch of humor, I probably deserve to be among the great unwashed and own a Fuji, since I am not, by nature, in the Hasselblad class of folks. LOL
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

calindustries

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 213
    • http://www.craiglacourt.com
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2017, 09:45:26 am »

I'm heading to the NYC Launch event today.  I'll have a lot to say about this camera and the 100F soon.  Hopefully, we'll get a review unit soon too. As you know we have been following the GFX for a while. Things are going to get interesting.

What's the event today? Just curious if it's open to the public. If I'm done with today's shoot in time I'd love to check it out.
Logged

Chris Livsey

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 807
Re: Fuji GFX launched
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 11:52:55 am »

I note the HC lens adapter and as has been asked/mentioned will this mean the HTS will work but I extend this to the CF adapter ( I know, two adapters) for V lenses I wonder?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up