Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Raw Power" - raw conversion application from former Aperture developer  (Read 3999 times)

kirkt

I know it is not a replacement for Aperture, but at least you can access some of the familiar raw conversion features in Aperture with the new application from Nik Bhatt (Gentlemen Coders) - he was the Senior Director of Engineering for Aperture at Apple.  He has developed a vary basic raw converter called "Raw Power" which will look familiar to those who use Aperture.  It is a nice implementation of raw conversion using the Apple Raw Core and can be run as a Photos extension or a stand-alone application.

Right now, it appears to be very basic and lacks many features that a full-featured raw conversion application would have (batch processing, conversion color space choice, various local adjustment tools, etc.).  However, if all you want is access to the good old days of Aperture's raw conversion engine, this may be the ticket for you.  And, at $9.99 on the App Store, it is a no brainer.

http://gentlemencoders.com

Here is an interview with the developer and a walkthrough of the application:

https://youtu.be/BSpHIT0ok_Q

kirk

David S

Re: "Raw Power" - raw conversion application from former Aperture developer
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 12:43:59 pm »

Sadly only available if you are running Seirra.

Dave S

David S

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 12:46:21 pm »

And of course I cannot spell!

Dave S

tonywong

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 07:25:39 pm »

Interesting, thanks! I wonder if it could be made into a plug-in for Aperture, since it allows for access to features that Aperture itself doesn't have. It would be neat to be able to finally do lens corrections within Aperture with Raw Power.  ::)
Pages: [1]   Go Up