Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Pressure of Photographing the Olympics  (Read 2527 times)

Nick Walker

• www.sportpicturelibrary.com
The Pressure of Photographing the Olympics
« on: January 07, 2017, 11:26:34 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLeOVfhts7E - 10 mins 20 sec (published 1st Jan 2017).

Also excellent video by British photographer Simon Bruty - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVEtPBJ8f7Y (published Dec 2016) - if you want to miss the preparation chat and get to the meaty part of taking the images, skip to 9 min 45 secs.

Bob Martin and Simon Bruty are highly regarded sports photographers who I have had the pleasure of either working with or working alongside at sporting events. They are both very decent guys.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 04:22:35 pm by N Walker »

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: The Pressure of Photographing the Olympics
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 06:48:31 am »

Thanks for posting, both were indeed interesting.

BrownBear

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 12:35:09 pm »

Excellent!

PRESSURE

No single word better summarizes pro shooting, at least the stuff I mostly did- Industrial, scientific, event and aerial. Gotta get it right the first time every time because there are no second chances.  Never got into sports photography because I already had all the pressure I needed. Only thing comparable in pure business terms was the aerial work. By contract terms, if I muffed a shoot, it meant the flights for reshoots were on my nickel. At close to $2,000/hr for a helicopter plus fuel or $1,400/hr for my usual choice in fixed wings, a 3- to 4-hour shoot was no small consideration.  PREPARATION is the most important word in that light!  ;D

JJon

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 02:10:44 am »

This was great. I want to shoot Tokyo 2020.
Pages: [1]   Go Up