Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Third Party Inks for Epson R2400  (Read 3020 times)

dickg

Third Party Inks for Epson R2400
« on: July 17, 2006, 05:45:04 pm »

I've always been hesitant to use third party inks in Epson printers but I do see that there are now third party inks for the R2400 which sucks a lot of Epson ink.

In the past the big hangup, predictably, would be clogging and banding.  Now I suspect that it could impact profiles.

Anyone have positive experiences with third party inks for the R2400?

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:26:00 pm »

I use Lyson inks in a 2200.  I've a CIS.  The ink is really good - I'm using downloaded Lyson profiles for their own papers and IMO it has better tones than Epson inks on Epson media.  

The downside is the CIS is really REALLY flaky.  It's got all of the build quality of a Blue Peter youhurt pots and fairy liquid bottle special.  the support bar falls off and I've resorted to duct tape to keep it together, if it came off unattended, it would destroy the CIS and spray ink everywhere.  I moved the printer last week.  In doing so, about £40 worth of ink spilt into the printer causing an almighty mess and causing me all sorts of grief.

If I were buying again, Id get a permajet system because it looks a heap sturdier.  Either way though, don't expect to find moving your printer even across the room to be easy.

dickg

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 08:32:31 pm »

I use Lyson inks in a 2200.  I've a CIS.  The ink is really good - I'm using downloaded Lyson profiles for their own papers and IMO it has better tones than Epson inks on Epson media. 

The downside is the CIS is really REALLY flaky.  It's got all of the build quality of a Blue Peter youhurt pots and fairy liquid bottle special.  the support bar falls off and I've resorted to duct tape to keep it together, if it came off unattended, it would destroy the CIS and spray ink everywhere.  I moved the printer last week.  In doing so, about £40 worth of ink spilt into the printer causing an almighty mess and causing me all sorts of grief.

If I were buying again, Id get a permajet system because it looks a heap sturdier.  Either way though, don't expect to find moving your printer even across the room to be easy.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70968\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OOPS!  Sorry -- I was referring to replacement inkjet cartridges, not an ink system.  Thanks for the reply nonetheless!

situgrrl

• http://www.charlyburnett.com
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 01:02:13 pm »

Lyson do replacement carts too.  They come in dye and pigmant types, the pigmant ones are called PhotoChrome in Europe and CavePaint in USA.
Pages: [1]   Go Up