Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praise where praise is due - Breathing Color.  (Read 1176 times)

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Praise where praise is due - Breathing Color.
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:51:52 am »

Like most people, I squeak the loudest when I have a complaint. So, to compensate, here's an example of excellent customer service.

I ordered 2 jugs of Timeless varnish from Breathing Color. When the UPS guy brought it he did not knock, so it sat on the stoop overnight on a very cold night, down to 18 degrees. The next day I called BC and asked if the cold temps could have affected the varnish. Yes, they said, and without my asking they sent me a full replacement order without any cost.

This is the way to keep customers (plus having the best photo canvas!).

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Praise where praise is due - Breathing Color.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 02:16:21 pm »

I agree. Way too many companies don't realize the value of customer service. While it may look like they are doing the nice thing, they are simply doing the RIGHT thing, not only as a way of doing the right thing as a deal, but best business practice.
Fly by night short sited, or bully business approach doesn't work well, and certainly doesn't give a good reputation and on edge and ready to jump on the next supplier for better service.
This is one of the best and least costly ways, not only to retain, but also do the grass roots true valued marketing of the brand. Reputation is important. It also shows a business that has pride in how they do things. Business actions should have a sense of pride behind, and never a sense of arrogance.
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

Jim Metzger

Re: Praise where praise is due - Breathing Color.
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 11:28:22 pm »

Couldn't agree more about Breathing Color. Just got a roll of Crystalline canvas and their icc. profile was doing a terrible job on my ancient (but not ready for pasture) Epson 7600. One call, they emailed me a sample patch image to print and will be making me a custom profile for my printer. Epson doesn't even acknowledge the existence of a printer this old.

Great service. Will be a repeat customer for sure.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up