Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: full resolution shots of sinar e75 online....  (Read 9228 times)

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
full resolution shots of sinar e75 online....
« on: July 16, 2006, 09:32:26 am »

i posted on my website some shots in full resolution, done with the new sinar e75 back and sinaron lenses.
details you can read at the site....
i think i havent seen better files than the e75 together with this lenses can delliver......

here is the link...

http://www.tangential.de/e75-testshots/
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 09:36:03 am by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 11:16:10 am »

Very nice results.  Are you using center filters?

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 12:11:38 pm »

Very impressive Rainer -- thanks for posting!

Any word on Sinar releasing a PC verison of the software?  That is the main reason I have not yet bought the back -- I don't want to buy a Mac just to run it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 12:12:23 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

BJNY

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 01:34:09 pm »

i posted on my website some shots in full resolution, done with the new sinar e75 back and sinaron lenses.
details you can read at the site....
i think i havent seen better files than the e75 together with this lenses can delliver......

here is the link...
http://www.tangential.de/e75-testshots/
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70848\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Rainer,
Downloading was wicked fast...which domain host do you use?
Would you post a photo of your Gottschalt camera with Sinar lenses, and please tell us how the camera was customized for your use.
Thank you,
Billy
Guillermo

rainer_v

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 03:42:34 pm »

i am not using center filters, but i calibrated white reference files for all lenses wit the emotionDNG tool from stephan hess called "brumbaer", which you can find here:

http://www.brumbaer.de/Tools/Tools.html

he and me have spent a lot of time to optimize his programmm for the e75, and now the results of his dng konverter are fabulous, it eliminitates lense fall offs and kalibrates the colors with gretag test shots.
you can use this program to have dngs which allows you to work with adobe acr or ( much better ) Raw developer on mac or pc.
i will post some shot of the gottschalt system for you soon.....

little note:
every mf sensor i know shows very bad behavor under fluorescenz lights. not so the e75. its just perfect for indoor shooting under this light source....
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 04:47:13 pm by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

rainer_v

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 05:08:22 pm »

Quote from: BJNY,Jul 16 2006, 05:34 PM
Rainer,
Downloading was wicked fast...which domain host do you use?

i have a server with www.strato.de

Would you post a photo of your Gottschalt camera with Sinar lenses, and please tell us how the camera was customized for your use.

ts a modified gottschalt DS-45, but  more little for max. 6x9cm, with a sliding back which is a kind of prototype.

i have lense plates for my 5 lenses ( 28hr,35hr,45digital,60hr,90digital), the system is quite simple. allows you moving the back left - right 25mm and also to shift the front part rotating 360degrees for 25mm in every direction.
the sliding back is with the back mounted on it, the back can be turned round from horizontal to vertical position without putting it off. its protected by a metal plate as the hassy mf film backs.
the back has its own special adapter, h-back adapters are too thick,- thats a pity. to put the sensor on the hassy you have to unmount 3 screws and to mount at first the hassy adapter to the back. not so funny..... but as a short focal architecture camera the gottschalt isnt bad.
also there is a different back 8 i still dont have it ) with the rotating e75 on it and without a ground glass. than the camera becomes very handy and has similar possibilities than the new alpa will have, you have to use than an optical viewfinder.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

ericstaud

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 06:02:35 pm »

Hello Rainer,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Are the lenses mounted in proprietary mounts like the Alpa?  I have owned an Alpa 12SWA for two months with the 24mm, 35mm, and 60mm digitars.  It made me very nervous buying a system with large format lenses which cannot be used on any other camera system ( of course the idea is that the Alpa will be the last system I ever buy  

I am impressed with the shift ability of your 28mm lens.  This is the one drawback from Schneiders 24mm digitar.

-Eric

rainer_v

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 06:09:28 pm »

Hello Rainer,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Are the lenses mounted in proprietary mounts like the Alpa?  I have owned an Alpa 12SWA for two months with the 24mm, 35mm, and 60mm digitars.  It made me very nervous buying a system with large format lenses which cannot be used on any other camera system ( of course the idea is that the Alpa will be the last system I ever buy   

yes this is the same system. i am nailed on the gottschalt. even the back is not easy to mount on another adapter. its an architecture or landscape system. point.

I am impressed with the shift ability of your 28mm lens.  This is the one drawback from Schneiders 24mm digitar.
clear advantage for the 28HR for me...... i dont want lenses which cannot be moved.

-Eric
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70893\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

ericstaud

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 12:35:33 am »

Hello Rainer,

And now for a slew of questions...

So are you 100% digital now?  Any jobs or clients require the 4x5 camera?  I just found out the only pro lab within 20 miles of me was closing this past week (just found out because I have not been there in 6 months).

Do you spend more time in post production?  Do you charge your clients differently for all the processing-layer masking-DVD burning/labeling-contact sheet printing versus the sleeving of the 4x5 film that took about 5 minutes?

Just curious about your experience in this big transition from analog to digital.

-Eric
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:28:24 am by ericstaud »

rainer_v

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 04:03:49 am »

" And now for a slew of questions...

So are you 100% digital now?  Any jobs or clients require the 4x5 camera?  I just found out the only pro lab within 20 miles of me was closing this past week (just found out because I have not been there in 6 months).

Do you spend more time in post production?  Do you charge your clients differently for all the processing-layer masking-DVD burning/labeling-contact sheet printing versus the sleeving of the 4x5 film that took about 5 minutes?"

your image looks reat.
i think that all the new backs are on such high level that there might be no best or worthest....

to your questions:
yes i am 100% digital now. my clients allways want digital files, so they usually dont care how i make them. in munich several labs closed,but still that wouldnt be a problem,- and i have a jobo atl machine here,- which i usually used. my change to digital is for quality at most.

no i dont charge different. in general i dont charge daily rates, i allways try to have a total sum for the productions,- its more realistic for my way of working. so my price is more a price for each image than for days and equipement. and there before drumscanning was included, cause i did this with every job in the last 3 years,- delivering to my clients  files not film.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Dennis

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 06:08:40 am »

Hi Rainer!

Impressive shots on your homepage!

I watched one of your e75 test shots closely, the one taken in Schwabing through the Tor in direction of Feldherrenhalle. The sharpness and resolution of the system is incredible! At the very outer edge at the trees one can see some distortion, but regarding the overall size and performance that's okay.

But what's about all those funny artifacts? You can see them in the trees a the edge of the image and in many fine lines in the center area? They make the lines look dotted, or look like white blobs with a black eye. I guese, these are artifacts from the interpolation? Considering the systems price and the quality claims of Sinar, this should not occur.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 06:09:43 am by Dennis »
Best Regards

Dennis.

rainer_v

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 06:31:03 am »

Hi Rainer!

Impressive shots on your homepage!

I watched one of your e75 test shots closely, the one taken in Schwabing through the Tor in direction of Feldherrenhalle. The sharpness and resolution of the system is incredible! At the very outer edge at the trees one can see some distortion, but regarding the overall size and performance that's okay.

But what's about all those funny artifacts? You can see them in the trees a the edge of the image and in many fine lines in the center area? They make the lines look dotted, or look like white blobs with a black eye. I guese, these are artifacts from the interpolation? Considering the systems price and the quality claims of Sinar, this should not occur.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70922\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
hm,
thank you for your observation, i was not conscient of it before.
i went in  contact with stephan hess now ( we are very closed working together on improving his DNG programm tool nearly each day....).
it seems so that this is a demosaicing failure .....
With sharpening this is increased very much.
stephan is working on it to change the DNG conversion tool,- its not a failure of the back.
i posted the same image now without this failure... and there will be soon an improved DNG tool which elimintes this algorythm failure.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 09:11:42 am by rehnniar »
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Dennis

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 11:08:37 am »

thank you for your observation, i was not conscient of it before.
You're welcome.

Another Question: You have great Pano's on your web site. Do you stitch with your sinar e75 gear?
Best Regards

Dennis.

rainer_v

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 03:51:50 pm »

You're welcome.

Another Question: You have great Pano's on your web site. Do you stitch with your sinar e75 gear?
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=71129\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

i made it with different cameras, sure i will use the sinar also for it.
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Paul Jameson

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 10:22:33 am »

the detail in these shots is astounding. Thanks for sharing.

thom

• my website
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 04:55:09 pm »

i am not using center filters, but i calibrated white reference files for all lenses wit the emotionDNG tool from stephan hess called "brumbaer", which you can find here:

http://www.brumbaer.de/Tools/Tools.html

he and me have spent a lot of time to optimize his programmm for the e75, and now the results of his dng konverter are fabulous, it eliminitates lense fall offs and kalibrates the colors with gretag test shots.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70881\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hello Rainer

first of all, thank you for sharing these files. They made me check my bankaccount... (I'm using a 24TSE...)

How exactly works this calibration thing? With different amounts of rise/fall/shift you will get different amonts of lens-fall-offs, don't you? Or is it a kind of calibration shot for each individual file, similar to the work-around with C1 (isn't it called LLC?)?

thom

fotodog24

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 07:48:54 pm »

Hi Jack,

Last I heard from Sinar (in April) was pretty much don't hold your breath. This may change as Jenoptik is now writing all the software (and making the backs), but I wouldn't bet a large sum on it.

Very impressive Rainer -- thanks for posting!

Any word on Sinar releasing a PC verison of the software?  That is the main reason I have not yet bought the back -- I don't want to buy a Mac just to run it.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=70864\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Pages: [1]   Go Up