Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharpening in C10  (Read 1554 times)

fstop6420

Sharpening in C10
« on: December 29, 2016, 04:08:55 pm »

Hello
I am starting to use C 10 In the sharpening system using a arw file you can use diffraction to sharpen for small apertures but if you have exported the image to PS then save it a a TIF and re import that option is no longer available The metatdate shows the correct lens  The sharpeing tab works
Is this a quirk in the system or does it indicate that diffraction must be done before exporting?I  try to sharpen as one of the last things so that all alterations are sharpened together

Thanks
Roger Lieberman

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Sharpening in C10
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 05:34:37 pm »

Hello
I am starting to use C 10 In the sharpening system using a arw file you can use diffraction to sharpen for small apertures but if you have exported the image to PS then save it a a TIF and re import that option is no longer available The metatdate shows the correct lens  The sharpeing tab works
Is this a quirk in the system or does it indicate that diffraction must be done before exporting?I  try to sharpen as one of the last things so that all alterations are sharpened together

Hi Roger,

Diffraction Correction requires Camera Raw data (and some lens metadata). Once processed out to an RGB file such as a TIFF, you can no longer use that option. I wouldn't worry about 'baking-in' the Diffraction Correction though. You get better quality data for postprocessing your TIFFs, just like with removing Chromatic Aberrations.

Cheers,
Bart
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

fstop6420

Re: Sharpening in C10
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 08:12:42 pm »

thanks so much that helps alot
Pages: [1]   Go Up