Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Local adjustments "greyed out" after upgrade into CO 10  (Read 5955 times)

a77pardo

Local adjustments "greyed out" after upgrade into CO 10
« on: December 28, 2016, 06:14:17 pm »

Hi after the upgrade into Capture One 10, local adjustments made with Capture One 9 are "visible" as of where the sliders are, but they are not editable anymore, neither they are affecting the picture or the mask is visible. In a nutshell I only have a nice list of what I did but all the work is gone in the picture. Anyone has had the same issue?

Take a look at the picture for a better understanding.

Thanks a lot for any insights!

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Local adjustments "greyed out" after upgrade into CO 10
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 08:03:31 pm »

In the past you need to upgrade the engine to c10 for these type of features to work. The image may still be set to C9. You can make this change on the main screen of C1. It will show that your image is currently using the C9 engine.

Once you upgrade the image to C10 you will not be able to use C9 on it any more.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 08:52:16 pm »

This looks to me more like the behavior you get when you launch C1 in DB mode and try to modify a non Phase One Digital Back file.  C1 v.10 has no problem working on C1 v.9 engined files.  If you launch it in Pro mode, the tools should become available.

one iota

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 11:12:37 pm »

My C1 v.9 local adjustments are available in v.10.
Mahn England

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 04:31:43 am »

In the past you need to upgrade the engine to c10 for these type of features to work. The image may still be set to C9. You can make this change on the main screen of C1. It will show that your image is currently using the C9 engine.

Once you upgrade the image to C10 you will not be able to use C9 on it any more.

Should one feel the need to drop back to V9, there is a (temporary) way around that, just by creating a Clone variant and updating the engine on that (or on the primary variant). That way one can pick which engine version to use, and after a while toss the older version's variant. But that's extra work.

Having said that, my Version 9 adjustment layers (even a version 7 variant works) can be edited in CO version 10 Pro (Windows). On some Adjustment layer tool versions (one has to select the correct Adjustment Layer tool panels !!!, not the regular ones) there is a text warning to upgrade (see attached). So there seems to be something else going on with the OP's situation.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:41:21 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 08:12:48 am »

... So there seems to be something else going on with the OP's situation.

He must be running C1 in DB mode and trying to modify a non-Phase One back file.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 08:18:29 am »

Hi

The other possibility is that the database is in locked state (used when you want multiple users browsing the same catalog in read only mode). Check under the File menu if you have the option "unlock catalog"

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2016, 10:01:50 am »

Sorry about the bad call I made, I had not moved from 9 to 10 in a while.  I know that there are certain features that you have to upgrade (white balance?) when you open an image that was started in a previous version of C1 in C1 10. The prompt tells you that this is one way upgrade. Same was true with C19 opening previous version images. Note, all still raw, not tifs or jpgs that were converted.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

a77pardo

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 03:44:32 pm »

Hi thanks for all those replies.  :D

Sadly even after the engine update I still get the same issues with the image. It is a raw file by the way.

If you have any other tips that could work It would be deeply appreciated.

By the way how do you upgrade the engine for all files at once? Apparently this was not done by the upgrade even I remember being prompted and saying yes to it while installing this version.

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 04:47:00 pm »

Hi thanks for all those replies.  :D

Sadly even after the engine update I still get the same issues with the image. It is a raw file by the way.

If you have any other tips that could work It would be deeply appreciated.

By the way how do you upgrade the engine for all files at once? Apparently this was not done by the upgrade even I remember being prompted and saying yes to it while installing this version.
Again, are you running C1 Pro in DB mode - the free mode for Phase One Digital Back owners - and trying to modify a non Phase One RAW file?  Your behavior is exactly what happens if you do that.

When you first launched C1 Pro v. 10, did you select DB mode - the bottom option on the initial start-up screen.?

If you aren't sure, click on Help > License Information - what does it say?  If it doesn't come up with a screen with your license info you are probably in DB mode (note there is a bug in the Windows version where it might tell you you are in Sony Free mode even if you are in DB mode)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 04:50:36 pm by E.J. Peiker »

a77pardo

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2016, 05:37:17 pm »

Hi, I am working in Pro version in a Mac, that I am completely sure :)

I am processing a RAF file, for Fuji cameras, no issues since CO8 with these.

E.J. Peiker

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2016, 06:06:03 pm »

Then it's time to open a support case with Phase One.
Pages: [1]   Go Up