Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the X1D really shipping?????  (Read 22718 times)

Joseph Colson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • Joe Colson Photography
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2017, 05:54:25 pm »

Mid-January 2107 and from all appearances, three cameras have shipped, and none in North America. Man, I feel for those folks that placed their orders back in July and are still waiting....(some of whom sold their gear to pay for the X1D).

That would be me, too. Sold.my 645Z kit and several lenses from the a7RII kit. Pre-ordered the X1D and two lenses on June 23. Still waiting.  >:(

garyhill

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 54
    • Gary Hill Landscape Photography
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2017, 07:48:10 pm »

Noticed a retailer here in Australia update their website today indicating that they now have the X1D in stock available for sale.

Cheers,

Gary

hubell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1136
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2017, 10:54:13 pm »

Mid-January 2107 and from all appearances, three cameras have shipped, and none in North America. Man, I feel for those folks that placed their orders back in July and are still waiting....(some of whom sold their gear to pay for the X1D).

Glad to see that you weren't so busy breathlessly reporting about the Fuji GFX announcement that you didn't have the time to stop back in here to take another swipe at Hasselblad.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 11:42:14 pm by hubell »
Logged

Wayne Fox

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4237
    • waynefox.com
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2017, 12:47:02 am »

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for comment. On my A7rII the focus magnification goes to 5.5 when I rotate the focusing ring. I feel that 5.5 is pretty useless, 11X is much more usable. So I really hate that feature…

Have you found a way to invoke 11X magnification as default?

Best regards
Erik
I seem to manage OK never really noticed.  But then when I use the sony lenses, I pretty much find the autofocus works fine.  My main lenses are Zeiss lenses with a Nikon adaptor, so those I have to zoom for focusing with the button press. No big deal, sort of like it better because I can control when it zooms in.

I'm not sure why sony does it the way they chose to limit the zoom,  I think the olympus is 10x zoom.  I've never tested a Fuji (they protect the big camera store in town and won't let me sell their cameras) so not sure how they work.

glad to hear Hasselblad put it in and did it right.  Not planning on one right now, but if they put a 75mp sensor in that thing I'd definitely be taking a hard look at one.
Logged

Stephen Scharf

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 168
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2017, 11:35:36 pm »

Some interesting and thoughtful discussion about the X1D from Lloyd and readers at Diglloyd:

https://diglloyd.com/blog/2017/20170113_1156-Hasselblad-troubled.html

Lloyd references Kevin's recent blog posting in the article as well.
Logged

Joseph Colson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • Joe Colson Photography
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2017, 02:19:29 pm »

I received the shipping notice from B&H on the camera (ordered on June 23) and all three lenses.  ;D

No spare battery yet though. Backordered.

cgarnerhome

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 242
    • cgarnerphoto
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2017, 02:58:24 pm »

Long story short - I canceled my order today for the X1D and will get the GFX50.  I placed orders for both as soon as they were released.  I have done a significant amount of reading on both systems.  I love the design and smaller package of the X1D and I love the utility/flexibility of the GFX.  I was very influenced by how poorly Hasselblad has handled the communication with its future customers and I'm concerned about how I will be handled in the future as a user.  Regarding Fuji, I feel more comfortable with their stability and future and perhaps most importantly to me I feel they will be very committed to extending the capability of this platform.  Time will tell!

jkhansen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2017, 03:19:06 pm »

In lieu of how HB handled the release, I also cancelled my order of the X1D today and ordered the Fuji. I wonder how many orders they will lose to the 50S...
Logged

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2017, 03:20:50 pm »

Well, I have both on order, so I might as well look at the X1D when it arrives, since the GFX will (so it seems) be awhile. And if I really, really, really like the X1D, I can cancel the GFX. Otherwise I will return the X1D and wait for the GFX. Hopefully, there will be no bad surprises from either camera, although it has been not-good of Hasselblad what they have done so far, which is IMO not be crystal clear about what is happening. I am used to work-horse cameras, and the X1D was my first venture into expensive-land, so I may just have to remain with what I am used to. The GFX looks like a camera I could use, for a variety of reason, including my LF lenses, with an adapter. And the Retina-quality of the LCD beckons, because I do everything in LiveView, etc.
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

jkhansen

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2017, 03:57:15 pm »

Michael, did your rep at B&H elude to a prospective delivery date on the 50S?
Logged

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2017, 04:08:21 pm »

Michael, did your rep at B&H elude to a prospective delivery date on the 50S?

Nope, which is why I may have time to check out the X1D, but I am quite disappointed with Hasselblad and for me the bloom is somewhat off that rose. As I say, I am more of a Fuji kind of guy, anyway.
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

hubell

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1136
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2017, 04:15:10 pm »

Well, I have both on order, so I might as well look at the X1D when it arrives, since the GFX will (so it seems) be awhile. And if I really, really, really like the X1D, I can cancel the GFX. Otherwise I will return the X1D and wait for the GFX. Hopefully, there will be no bad surprises from either camera, although it has been not-good of Hasselblad what they have done so far, which is IMO not be crystal clear about what is happening. I am used to work-horse cameras, and the X1D was my first venture into expensive-land, so I may just have to remain with what I am used to. The GFX looks like a camera I could use, for a variety of reason, including my LF lenses, with an adapter. And the Retina-quality of the LCD beckons, because I do everything in LiveView, etc.

Both of  these camera systems are quite expensive. I would think one would want to do some serious shooting of the type that you normally do with each of them before making a decision and then process the files. I have both on order. I have an open mind. However, I must admit that my predisposition is to choose a beautiful woman with some "issues" rather than one whose primary attribute is that she really cooks and cleans well. [Yes, I am joking.]
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 04:20:30 pm by hubell »
Logged

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2017, 04:28:08 pm »

Both of  these camera systems are quite expensive. I would think one would want to do some serious shooting of the type that you normally do with each of them before making a decision and then process the files. I have both on order. I have an open mind. However, I must admit that my predisposition is to choose a beautiful woman with some "issues" rather than one whose primary attribute is that she really cooks and cleans well. [Yes, I am joking.]

Well, share that with your wife. You must be single.

Since they both use the same sensor, my guess is that the IQ of both will be excellent, which leaves us with a choice. I went for the X1D, because it was there first, and I thought it would be a good travel camera, with real delivery.  But the workability of the GFX is really all that I have ever had in a camera, and I like the idea of the high-quality LCD, and possible lenses with an adapter. Etc.
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

E.J. Peiker

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 891
    • http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2017, 05:48:58 pm »

Michael, did your rep at B&H elude to a prospective delivery date on the 50S?
Amazon is quoting Feb 23 as the release date...
Logged

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2017, 08:09:34 pm »

https://diglloyd.com/

B&H has begun shipping the Hasselblad X1D in limited quantities in the U.S. See the above link.
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

Joseph Colson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • Joe Colson Photography
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2017, 08:34:00 pm »

https://diglloyd.com/

B&H has begun shipping the Hasselblad X1D in limited quantities in the U.S. See the above link.

Michael, I received my X1D from B&H on January 20. And at least one B&H customer got his in late December-early January.

Michael Erlewine

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1040
    • MacroStop.com
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 08:37:43 pm »

Michael, I received my X1D from B&H on January 20. And at least one B&H customer got his in late December-early January.

If you will, tell us how you like it, please.
Logged
MichaelErlewine.smugmug.com. Founder MacroStop.com, MichaelErlewine.com, YouTube.com/user/merlewine

Joseph Colson

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • Joe Colson Photography
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 11:00:12 pm »

If you will, tell us how you like it, please.

In short, I love it. I've posted some first impressions here. More first impressions from another [lucky] user here.

Contact me if you have specific questions.

Joe
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 08:47:01 am by Joseph Colson »
Logged

Lust4Life

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 857
    • Shadows Dancing
Re: Is the X1D really shipping?????
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2017, 08:37:44 am »

What lens did you get with it?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up