Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900:Got my nozzles clear, need help!!  (Read 732 times)

walter.sk

Epson 4900:Got my nozzles clear, need help!!
« on: December 18, 2016, 05:41:35 pm »

I guess people are tired of opening my posts, but I don't know what to do now.  I ordered empty ink carts from Inkjet Mall, and filled them with Windex as per a 2013 thread 4900 clog success thread  I used a number of CL3 cleanings separated by hours, nozzle checks, and purge prints.   I am now getting clear nozzle checks. (I started with "zero" nozzles printing, and had gone through the routines mentioned in the thread I've linked to.

I can make prints now, with the carts still filled with Windex, because of the old in still in the tubes, etc. Of course the color is unreliable because of dilution from the Windex, so "soft-proofing" doesn't really work.

What should I do now?   

1) Replace my original carts with the inks, and run purge prints until the Windex is cleared out?   

2)  Do an "Eject Ink" from the Service Program?  The problem is that if I remove the carts the printer doesn't  accept the commands from the Service Program.  I can't figure out how to do that.

3)  Do a CL3 cleaning using the ink carts...would that force the Windex out of the system?

Please, if you have any ideas let me know.  I'm desperate...

Paul Roark

Re: Epson 4900:Got my nozzles clear, need help!!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 10:43:30 am »

Get that Windex out of your printer.  I was told by an Epson repair person that the ammonia, while effective at dissolving the clogs, also attacks gaskets inside the head.  I most often use Windex on the  parking pad only, and then only for a matter or hours or overnight.  Even then some will wick back into the head.  So, I don't want to leave it there for extended periods.

Put in your new ink and do a couple of power cleaning cycles.

If those carts are refillable, you can thoroughly rinse them and refill with whatever ink you'll be using.  If you don't have you new ink yet, use a harmless solution such as the generic base described here: http://www.paulroark.com/BW-Info/Ink-Mixing.pdf .  (Version c6b is the best and what I've used for my B&W ink mixing for years.)

Good luck.

Paul
www.PaulRoark.com

walter.sk

Re: Epson 4900:Got my nozzles clear, need help!!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 03:48:15 pm »

Put in your new ink and do a couple of power cleaning cycles.

Thanks, Paul.  I've done 2 CL3 cleanings and there's no visible difference yet...pretty smeary.
Pages: [1]   Go Up