Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 4900 Ink Eject problem  (Read 1001 times)

walter.sk

Epson 4900 Ink Eject problem
« on: December 15, 2016, 12:05:47 pm »

Using the Epson Service Program I tried to do a Ink Eject routine.  The instructions are to remove the carts from the side involved:

- Select "Ink Eject" to minimize the ink remaining on the ink tubes when exchanging the tubes, the ink selector or the ink holders. Select also the side you need to eject the ink from then remove the corresponding ink cartridges and click [run]. (Both sides can be selected together)

When I do that, the printer sends the message to replace the carts, and lights up the big orange error light.

For anybody who has done the Ink Eject, what procedure did you use?

walter.sk

Duh!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 02:05:27 pm »

Found out what my mistake was:  When the Eject Ink dialogue came up it had the message to remove the ink carts, so I did, and couldn't go further.  This time, I left the carts in and hit Run.  A window came up saying to remove the carts, which I did.  Lo and behold!  The routine ran fine!

vartkes

• The Armenian
    • VartkesImages - Contemplative Photographs
Re: Epson 4900 Ink Eject problem
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 04:53:24 pm »

I am an Epson 4900 user. I have not been aware of the availability of Epson Service Program. Where do i find the program and some information on how to use it?
Thank you
Vartkes

Ray R

Re: Epson 4900 Ink Eject problem
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 07:03:15 pm »

The program and manual can be found
http://www.2manuals.com/product_info.php?products_id=1365

if in the UK checkout through credit card as when I tried to do it via paypal the cost was the same UK pound as in US Dollars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up