Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does this make sense?  (Read 1867 times)

adias

Does this make sense?
« on: December 14, 2016, 01:14:10 pm »

It is interesting to note that many articles published on this site (LuLa) are also published (perhaps with a short delay) on this other (free) site:

http://kevinraber.wpengine.com/articles/

Does this make sense, given that this site (LuLa) is a subscription site?

schertz

• Adobe Portfolio
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:30:08 pm »

All the "Read More" links take you to the appropriate LuLa article where one can only read them if they are a subscriber (the latest Hasselblad article is not locked to subscribers only). Kevin is just using his own personal website to help promote/ direct traffic to his LuLa articles (which seems perfectly reasonable to me...) 

Kevin Raber

• Kevin Raber
    • Kevin Raber
Re: Does this make sense?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:57:42 pm »

The latest Hasselblad article is not locked as I felt it important to share the news with a wider audience.  Also, just an FYI, all articles that are linked on another site can be visited free.  This means you can click on an article link and be directed to the LuLa site and read that one article.  This allows authors that wish to promote their article or other sites that want to link to an article to do so without requiring a membership.  Obviously, it is our hope that a reader will consider becoming a member so they can access our other content and videos.

I just relaunched kevinraber.com.  There is still some work that needs to be done by my web team but it is now up and running.  I decided I would link my articles only to my site.  This also helps promotes LuLa to those that visit my site.  The kevinraber.com site will soon have an e-commerce side for images and other goods.   I'll also be updating the Galleries section with a lot of new work over the coming months.
Kevin Raber
kwr@rabereyes.com
kevin@photopxl.com
rockhopperworkshops.com
photopxl.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up