Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR differences on windows vs mac - scrolling behaviour  (Read 2155 times)

orc73

LR differences on windows vs mac - scrolling behaviour
« on: December 14, 2016, 04:04:21 am »

Hello

I recently purchased a windows laptop(as the macs come only with usb-c).
When using LR the major flaw is: in order to scroll(2 finger on trackpad) through images or functions, I need to mouse over the scrolling bar.
If I'm on the image field(libarary thumbnail overview) the scrolling would still work, but very very slow. If I'm in the function tabs, the scrolling would only work within the tab I;m in and sometimes not at all(probably when there is nothing to scroll within the tab).

So on mac I can have the library thumbnail overview and just happily scroll through pictures, which only works super slow on windows.
I also can just mous over somewhere on the develeopment tools and scroll through them, which does not work at all on windows.

As scrolling on the scroll bar works perfectly fine, I assume it's a lightroom for windows setting, feature or bug.
I hope it's a setting and somebody can tell me how to change it.

best regards

RikkFlohr

• Adobe, Inc. - Photography Products
    • Rikk Flohr's Website
Re: LR differences on windows vs mac - scrolling behaviour
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 10:45:00 am »

I am using a ThinkPad Ultrabook (Win10) Lightroom CC 2015.8 and I can scroll across panels, grid and filmstrip without hovering over the scroll bars. I am unaware of a setting in Lightroom that governs this. I think you need to look at your OS settings.
Rikk Flohr
Quality Engineer Customer Advocate - Photography Products
Adobe

TonyW

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 12:02:56 pm »

Many laptops seem to use the Synaptics touchpads.  If yours is one then you may want to look at the options for configuring the device, there may just be a setting for scrolling - cannot be sure as I do not have laptop to hand.

If there are no options you may want to look for touchpad driver updates for your model of laptop.

Or
There is software that may work that offers this facility for Synaptics touchpads only - no guarantees of course, but download the zip file and follow instructions

https://github.com/awahlig/two-finger-scroll

Hoggy

• Never take life, or anything in it, too seriously.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2016, 02:10:30 am »

There's also another possibility of last resort, for Windows..  A freeware program called X-Mouse Button Control.  I realize it says 'mouse', but the options for setting advanced scrolling methods may work for the touchpad as well.  At least I notice that it seems to effect different behavior when choosing the various options for advanced scrolling - when using my Wacom tablet's touchpad for [two-finger] scrolling.

Website: http://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm

Another possibility...
Cams: Pentax K-3, K-30 & Canon G7X, S100
Firm supporter of DNG, throwing away originals.
It's the hash, man..  That good hash!

orc73

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 05:28:57 am »

good to know, thanks, I will wait a few updates and see, if not I will try the extra software. it is quite annoying and slows me down.
I just found a thread on this forum that probably talks about the same issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up