Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Livebooks: Seem to be reneging on their committments?  (Read 2797 times)

kevs

Livebooks: Seem to be reneging on their committments?
« on: December 01, 2016, 11:32:42 pm »

I am an old time LIvebooks  customer and have been happy for years. But with the new HTML5 transfer they seem to be reneging on their commitments to those who bought and paid for sites in full. They are asking me, after buying several sites in full and upgrading design, and Scaler etc,  to now pay their monthly fee, as if I just joined and never met them. It's a real disappoint and an amazing moral failure. Does anyone else have this experience?
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

JoeKitchen

Re: Livebooks: Seem to be reneging on their committments?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 09:16:47 pm »

I dropped Livebooks a few years ago.  I saw them falling behind in the times drastically.  I use Squarespace and really like it much better then what Livebooks had. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

kevs

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 09:26:47 pm »

Thanks Joe, did you buy your site or just do monthly? Well I was patient, and their new product if good/fine, but the old timers/ legacy folks are going to have to pay full price eventually even if you did expensive site buyouts years ago. The original owner probably would not have done that, but it's a new team...
Canon 5DS4/ 5D2/ Canon 16-35, 24-105, fixed 85, Profoto D1s

HonorableSensor

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 01:51:47 pm »

I am an old time LIvebooks  customer and have been happy for years. But with the new HTML5 transfer they seem to be reneging on their commitments to those who bought and paid for sites in full. They are asking me, after buying several sites in full and upgrading design, and Scaler etc,  to now pay their monthly fee, as if I just joined and never met them. It's a real disappoint and an amazing moral failure. Does anyone else have this experience?

Have you considered having a lawyer write them a letter?

DougDolde

• Images of the American West
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 02:03:01 pm »

I'll add a plug for https://www.photodeck.com

Been using them for a few years and no issues

Get half off your first month with code YG@ULYCTN

My site: http://www.douglasdolde.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up