Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One 9 crashing - win7  (Read 844 times)

frfr

Capture One 9 crashing - win7
« on: November 29, 2016, 04:33:22 am »

Hi,

I used to run Capture One Pro 9.0.1 under Windows 7 Ultimate for quite a while, with no issue.
Today I wanted to solve a problem with NET Framework that was failing to update to latest 4.6.2 version. I managed to fix that problem, but now C1 is not opening at all! I already uninstalled / reinstalled few times, same issue.
So I guess that trying this and that to fix NET Framework (so many that I don't remember it all) I also did something wrong.
Here attached is a screen capture of the window that shows up when I try starting C1.
Any suggestion?
Thanks!
François Trézin
www.frfrfrfr.com

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
Re: Capture One 9 crashing - win7
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 07:22:36 am »

You might open a case with Phase One.   I would also try a total uninstall following the Phase One process which would remove all registry entries. I saw you had uninstalled C1 but wanted to make sure you got a totally clean uninstall. Phase has the process on their website.

If that fails. Attempt a system restore back to before the net framework update.

Net framework and C1 can get nasty at times.

This why I'm such a big fan of Acronis Drive image. Before any major change I always do a full image so I know I can get back.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

frfr

Re: Capture One 9 crashing - win7
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 07:38:15 am »

Thanks Paul for your reply.
I think I did the clean uninstall following the phase one website procedure but I will double check, then do a system restore.
François Trézin
www.frfrfrfr.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up