Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Capture One Pro 9 from LRCC  (Read 2418 times)

braga

Capture One Pro 9 from LRCC
« on: November 27, 2016, 05:56:14 pm »

My COP9 trial is finish this week. its a great software and I love it. because I'm just amateur and I take photo by pleasure, $299 ($400 CDN) is to much money for software, plus I can't move out from adobe cc because photoshop.
 Luminous Landscape have good connection with Phase One and maybe can work on good discount for members. who want move from adobe lightroom.
 Anybody know when phase One will release COP 10?
Thank you!

mediumcool

Re: Capture One Pro 9 from LRCC
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 07:12:02 pm »

My COP9 trial is finish this week. its a great software and I love it. because I'm just amateur and I take photo by pleasure, $299 ($400 CDN) is to much money for software, plus I can't move out from adobe cc because photoshop.

If you use Sony or Mamiya/Leaf/Phase One equipment, Capture One is free to use (there is a modestly-priced upgrade to the full Sony version). If you are a Mac user, Pixelmator is an excellent substitute for Ps, and integrates very well with Capture One.

Luminous Landscape have good connection with Phase One and maybe can work on good discount for members. who want move from adobe lightroom.

I don’t see that happening, but you can rent C1 by the month. I bought into the C1 Universe about six years ago during a cross-promotion, and haven’t looked back (I rent Lr and Ps by the month but scarcely use them).
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

larsbroberg

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 04:39:31 am »

"$299 ($400 CDN) is to much money for software,"
I'm sorry, I totally disagree with this.
I photograph just for fun. It's a hobby for me.
But when you start to learn more about retouching you will appreciate C1P. It really is excellent software, and worth its price.

Camera gear is only part of the whole story, and what you spend money on.
How much time and money have you spent trying to learn to be a better photographer?
How much money have you spent driving to locations.
How much money have you spent on your computer.

I value C1P as much as a value my camera gear.

sjprg

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2016, 01:54:22 am »

+1
Paul

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2016, 04:16:27 pm »

Anybody know when phase One will release COP 10?
Thank you!

You're welcome to the 10% off that we always offer on Capture One at www.digitaltransitions.com

Software is at least a third of the time you spend on images. At $299 (minus 10%) it's less than any lens camera or light you're likely to use.

braga

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 10:06:06 am »

"$299 ($400 CDN) is to much money for software,"
I'm sorry, I totally disagree with this.
I photograph just for fun. It's a hobby for me.
But when you start to learn more about retouching you will appreciate C1P. It really is excellent software, and worth its price.

Camera gear is only part of the whole story, and what you spend money on.
How much time and money have you spent trying to learn to be a better photographer?
How much money have you spent driving to locations.
How much money have you spent on your computer.

I value C1P as much as a value my camera gear.
because COP is not replacement for Photoshop, for me is to expensive(plus $99 dollars every year). COP is the more expensive raw converter on the market,cost 3x more the adobe CC and even the subscription is $5 more for month.
 I tried and is great software, but I have LR for free on mine photoshop subscription. and I don't compare software with gears,just with another software.
 hope one day Phase One give a decent discount on Capture One pro.

alain

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 05:56:14 pm »

because COP is not replacement for Photoshop, for me is to expensive(plus $99 dollars every year). COP is the more expensive raw converter on the market,cost 3x more the adobe CC and even the subscription is $5 more for month.
 I tried and is great software, but I have LR for free on mine photoshop subscription. and I don't compare software with gears,just with another software.

Hi you could look at photoline (version 20 now and only 59 euro's) as a photoshop replacement and dump adobe.

larsbroberg

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 04:11:44 am »

I understand that we all have different priorities, what things we value most.
For some the cost is too much.
At least on the Mac side, we do have some excellent alternatives.

I'm happy to pay for C1 because of the way it handles my Sony RAW-files.
I also really like how C1 works, for example how color-editing has been implemented and how layers work.
I even like UI  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up