Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One 45 blue ring  (Read 1856 times)

wing1

Phase One 45 blue ring
« on: November 25, 2016, 08:11:43 pm »

Are there reviews about this new lens? Is there a great difference with the 45 d with the iq100?
Best
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:29:01 am by wing1 »

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
Re: Phase One 45 blu ring
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 08:58:10 pm »

It's one of the lenses that has been completely redesigned not just updated with the blue ring treatment.  As such it is a much bigger and heavier lens with a slower f/3.5 (f/2.8 on the older one) aperture and uses the large 95mm filters.  It's also leaf shutter where the old one was FP shutter so that alone means a lot less internal movement at time of exposure which should translate to better IQ and then the new optical formulation should be quite a bit better but I haven't seen tests for that - but with the much larger optical elements, it is likely much better into the corners.

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 05:19:00 pm »

Would also add, I purchased a used 45mm D and was pleasantly surprised by it's overall sharpness.  I am sure it's not up to the build QA of the blue ring but still is a nice option.  This is 100% different than the 35mm D and 35mm LS, as there is no comparison there. 

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

E.J. Peiker

• http://www.ejphoto.com
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 07:49:42 pm »

Would also add, I purchased a used 45mm D and was pleasantly surprised by it's overall sharpness.  I am sure it's not up to the build QA of the blue ring but still is a nice option.  This is 100% different than the 35mm D and 35mm LS, as there is no comparison there. 

Paul Caldwell
I actually bought a Mamiya Sekor 45mm f/2.8 in mint condition with the XF mod to the mount for almost nothing and it is much better than I anticipated even on the IQ3-100MP

ErikKaffehr

• Echophoto
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:31:22 pm »

Hi,

I feel that it may be that the old Mamiya lenses are a bit underrated. From what I have seen, Mamiya has produced some of the greatest lenses ever made for MF. I may think of the Mamiya 7 lenses and the 300/2.8 APO.

Best regards
Erik

I actually bought a Mamiya Sekor 45mm f/2.8 in mint condition with the XF mod to the mount for almost nothing and it is much better than I anticipated even on the IQ3-100MP
Erik Kaffehr

Pages: [1]   Go Up