Well, I just heard that B&H, once again, has put off the delivery of the X1D, not to mention charging me months ago for the 30mm lens, with no camera to use it with. Personally, I have had about enough.
It seems the Hasselblad seems to have jumped the gun on the X1D, perhaps fearing the Fuji GFX or whatever. The bottom line is that no camera has been forthcoming AND they may be in over their head in logistics, re-design or who-knows-what.
We are close enough to the Fuji GFX’s appearance for me to wait for that. Fuji has a pretty good history of delivery on time, and the fact that there will be adapters for my many F-Mount lenses is an additional plus. Yes, I love the look of the X1D, but in fact that is not everything. I liked the idea of an X1D kit that was small and even got behind the idea of no adapter for my Nikon-mounts, just as a bit of discipline.
However, I am straying from all those concepts. We know that Fuji will make solid lenses, and the focal-plane shutter is a big plus for me. I hate to miss the jet-set of Hasselblad by a few months or a few dollars, but I don’t really care. I am wondering about how others feel about this endless delay and the advent of the Fuji GFX. The GFX is 75g heavier than the X1D, but I won’t use the GFX viewfinder anyway (it is removable), being LiveView oriented, so it will probably come out being the same or less weight than the X1D.
Before I pull the plug on the X1D, any clear ideas why I should not go for the GFX. Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.